Jpeg associatations lost!

Thread: Jpeg associatations lost!

Jpeg associatations lost!

I have a laptop running win 98SE, and just recently it will not open jpeg files. It would bring up an error message stating that no associations were enabled to jpeg.... I have changed the folder options so that adobe will open them up, but it is slow. Any idea how I can get the defaults back?

Which program did you want to associate with jpg's? Adobe photoshop is great for editing files, but on slower PC's it is not advisable to use this app. as a viewer. An easy way to change file associations without going into folder options is to highlight a JPG file, then hold the shift key down, and right click the same file. This will offer the option to "open with", and you can select any program you wish, and also select the option to always use that application...

I use irfanview as a pic viewer, and it has a lotta other bells and whistles. And it's fast as all get out.

If you like it you can associate it with all image files or some or none within the program
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

Sometimes you need to rename the file from nnn.jpeg to nnn.jpg and then all is well.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

another option is to open up explorer...shift-right click 'open with' select your program then check the box always use this program....
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

Originally posted by Chris_MacMahon
    another option is to open up explorer...shift-right click 'open with' select your program then check the box always use this program....
    I beat you to it...

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Or ya can go to the control panel > tools > folder options > file types and see what is listed as the program for the jpg association
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-