Dead Dog. Or Is It??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dead Dog. Or Is It???

The dog must have been yelping pretty badly I presume, and their may have been severe exterior damage to warrant a gunshot to the head.

[/B]

As in humans accidents its not the noisiest patients that usually need urgent treatment first but rather the quite ones.
    If the sitrep is true I`m sure the officer used his best judgement call when it was decided to end the animals suffering,this said I still think the officer needs more practice on the firing range.

Lost in a world of confusion, unable to freemymind
    Originally posted by Ya_know
    Just because X-ray showed no broken bones, there could be allot of soft tissue damage, joint damage, and organ damage. The dog must have been yelping pretty badly I presume, and their may have been severe exterior damage to warrant a gunshot to the head.

As far at the cop, again, I am sure that the cop didn't deliver the dog in the trunk of his car. They typically call animal control to clean up these messes, once authorities are involved that is. If he had made the call, and they were on their way, they could have easily sedated the beast, and examined it at their facility. I think that would have been best...
    different angle, but yes i agree.

and i still think its a crock....

only in america
    No girl deserves my tears, and the one who does will never make me cry.

All I keep thinking of is the scene with cow in Me, Myself and Irene with Jim Carrey that he shot about 25 times in the head and the cow still lived....

woof, woof, woof, BLAM BLAM BLAM, woof, BLAM BLAM BLAM.....

GO PATS!!!!

I have no opinion …other than that the animal control facility should be given a back slap for freezing a living dog. Didn't they even check a pulse? And why was the cop self-apointed executioner? Should he not have waited for animal control to sedate the dog? Then let them examine the dog’s injuries. And what was he doing blasting off caps in the middle of a busy street! This wasn’t a justifiable act!

How'd I do?
    I really don't know WHY they put it in the freezer but they may not have had sleep away shots and may have wanted to just kill it to end it's suffereing if it looked bad enough. Oddly enough, being frozen is one of the more humane/less painful ways to die (if there is such a thing).

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    I really don't know WHY they put it in the freezer but they may not have had sleep away shots and may have wanted to just kill it to end it's suffereing if it looked bad enough. Oddly enough, being frozen is one of the more humane/less painful ways to die (if there is such a thing).
    They probably put all of the carcasses in the deep freeze, prevents that foul smell until they can cremate the remains, or dispose of them another way.

They probably put all of the carcasses in the deep freeze, prevents that foul smell until they can cremate the remains, or dispose of them another way.
    you mean sell 'em to subway on mankdonalds...

the thing that bugs / confuses me the most, is why didnt the cop wait un animal welfare or whatever its called to get there?

maybe he just dont like hippies....

Banned
    Depending on location, time of day, blah blah blah, animal control can take a very long time to get there. So then, are you going to let it sit there and suffer for possibly hours, waisting time as a cop, are you going to pick it up and have it possibly bite you, are you going to let it bleed on you, get the germs all over the trunk of your car, etc.. Dude made a decision, he just can't make a shot to save his life(yet it saved the pup)!!!!

that story = teh bullsh!t!!!111
    It's good to be the King.

its still a load of poop...

Refference Daily Mail 24/04/03
    Dogs is called Dosha ,35Lb 10 month old Pit Bull terrier
    Officers name is Bob Mc Donald
    Event occoured in Clearlake , California

Leutenant Larsen is quoted as stating the police manual allows for an officer to kill a dog if he believes it is exteemly injured or if it attacks."The dog was snarling"he added"it is not uncommon for an injured dog to do that"

The dog suffered hypothermia,an injured muzzle and a gunshot wound.

The dogs owner may be charged for letting the dog run free.
    Last edited by Archer; April 25th, 2003 at 01:43 AM.

I have no opinion …other than that the animal control facility should be given a back slap for freezing a living dog. Didn't they even check a pulse? And why was the cop self-apointed executioner? Should he not have waited for animal control to sedate the dog? Then let them examine the dog’s injuries. And what was he doing blasting off caps in the middle of a busy street! This wasn’t a justifiable act!

How'd I do?

I can see your point Ya_Know, but in my area of Minneapolis, the county sheriffs are allowed and do shoot deer that have been hit by cars within the city limits. I am not sure if this is the case here, but it is a known practice.
    Last edited by Jediab; April 25th, 2003 at 01:58 AM.
    U.S. out of U.N.

in maine there is a rule, if you hit it and it's dead you get to keep/eat it.....i konw of a couple of guys that go out driving at night hopeing to hit a deer/moose/skunk just for the meat....

hey cleetus is this something that you can do in ur redneck of the woods?
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

Banned
    Originally posted by Chris_MacMahon

hey cleetus is this something that you can do in ur redneck of the woods?
    Heck no, we respect our trucks round here!!!

cleetus only runs down spam...