System failed Cpu test verbal warning while playing UT2003?

Thread: System failed Cpu test verbal warning while playing UT2003?

Verbal warning: System Failed CPU Test when playing UT2003

I am using the AMD Stock heatsink with an XP 2500. My mobo is an asus a7n8x and when I am playing UT2003 i get a verbal messag that my system has failed a cpu test. I am running asus probe to check the temp of the cpu and mobo as well as the voltaes. All are within system specs. Temp of cpu is rouphly 35 to 45 celcius. What could be causing this? Or is it all in my head?

System failed Cpu test verbal warning while playing UT2003?

I am using the AMD Stock heatsink with an XP 2500. My mobo is an asus a7n8x and when I am playing UT2003 i get a verbal messag that my system has failed a cpu test. I am running asus probe to check the temp of the cpu and mobo as well as the voltaes. All are within system specs. Temp of cpu is rouphly 35 to 45 celcius. What could be causing this? Or is it all in my head?

Posting the same question twice will not get you twice as many answers.... threads merged.

Does it say which cpu test? What ram timings do you have set? What settings do you have for the CPU?

Do you get any other odd error messages in windows?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

sorry about the dp. I have the ram set to 200mhz and the cpu multiplier is set to 11. The bus is set to 166 to get the cpu up to 1.83 ghz. I have no other error messages that pop up at any time. Oh, the error message is a verbal message that the mobo is set to do in the bios. I have turned off the verbal post report but it still says "System failed cpu test!"

What ram do you have? Have you tried setting bios defaults and seeing if the message stops? Also contact your vendor for the cpu - it may be failing.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

My ram is samsung ddr 3200. I will try setting everything to default. I thought that my cpu was rated to run at 1.83 ghz so that's why I changed the frequency for it.

If you do have an xp2500 you have set it correctly - 1.83. However, it is possible that you didn't get what you thought you got

....I will say these particular motherboards are very fussy with memory especially ddr 400 ... they can produce spurious error messages ... usually mid game (under load)

Try the search string "asus a7n8x cpu test failed" on google & get reading .... you'll see memory as the usual cause ... its my experience too....

Btw everything in bios to default (& any speed jumpers at auto), is always best to start with, if it doesn't see the cpu correctly at that then something isn't right.....

That's what really got me to thinking because the bios didn't register the cpu frequency at 166 but instead 100. That is not what the box says so I am going to open the case and remove the heatsink to see if I can tell what the cpu really is. If all else fails I'm gonna send it back. Thanks for all your help.

Arrow Spot your chip....

Identifying you AMD CPU -what all those iddy biddy numbers mean...

Thanks, it says it is an athlon xp2500 so I guess the problem resides with the motherboard or with the actual cpu itself. I've put in for support from asus and amd so we'll see what happens.