Sap

Thread: Sap

Question Sap

What is SAP?? I am hearing alot about it and everyone is looking for techs who SAP knowledge....But what the heck is this?? Please hold you laughs till the end
    Network Administrator
    MCSE
    http://www.dcinh.com

Thanks JaxSon

I just feel simply silly now :-p
    Network Administrator
    MCSE
    http://www.dcinh.com

Re: Thanks JaxSon

Originally posted by Digital_Rick
    I just feel simply silly now :-p
    .... well I'm always silly ! So what the hell do the letters SAP actually translate to ? I can follow the link - click about loads & eventually discover "A comprehensive family of business solutions" ... oh I love 'selling' speak .... says loads yet nothing !

No offence, but I love 'googlers' with no actual knowledge ! an actual explanation would be real nice !

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    This is bugging me as well.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Arrow an actual explanation would be real nice ... so I did one ! Well I 'stole' it....

....Much, much, much more googling later .... I always thought the letters where Systems Application Programmer (or ing) ... seems here is the answer

Some quotes :-

Question: Could you please let me know what SAP stands for? --- For what is SAP an acronym? --- I would really like to know more about the SAP technology. Could you please let me know what SAP stands for?

Answer: S = systems, A = applications, P = products, that is, "Systems, Applications, and Products (in data processing)." This name is based on the original German name "Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte (in der Datenverarbeitung)."

Question: I am writing to you because I am having trouble finding information about what a SAP really is.

Answer: Actually I wonder that you did not find out much about SAP when searching the Web. Let us start with the "definition" of SAP as you can find it in the "Usability Glossary" of our Website (we did a little editing...):

SAP stands for "Systems, Applications, Products" (German: Systeme, Anwendungen, Produkte). SAP AG, headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, is the third-largest software company in the world and the world's largest inter-enterprise software company, providing integrated inter-enterprise software solutions as well as collaborative e-business solutions for all types of industries and for every major market. Founded in 1972 by five former IBM systems engineers, SAP now employs more than 28,000 people in more than 50 countries, among them more than 5400 software developers around the world. SAP AG employs a central usability group, and decentral user interface designers based in the applications.

For more information on SAP AG see the company's website at www.sap.com. There you can get an impression of the company and what it does; it offers lots of information about SAP.

So its a flipping trade name ! covering a multitude of business applications

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."