I am very very very frustrated, I tried everything:

Installing new BIOS,

Installing new mobo drivers,

Installing new Video Card drivers,

Installing the UltraATA drivers from intel,

set BIOS to default

reassemble the hardwares,

but nothing seemed to work...

Here's the problem, I have a Celeron 700 @ 900, CUSL2-C, GF4 Ti4400, with the newest 44.3 Det FX Drivers from NVIDIA. And DX9.

Whenever I play a game, probably when the DX engine is initialted, i can play the game for 10 minutes without SLOWNESS, then after 10 minutes or so, it would often SLOW-DOWN to 1FPS/s, more like Playing the game in slow motion, for 10 seconds, then comes back to normal game play, about 60fps/s. I have tried it on many games, same result.

This has never happened before, just happened today. Now I didn't use computer for half a month. And I doubt anything physically damaged anything, if it did, it would probably stop working.

I flashed my mobo with the tweaked BIOS that forces AGP4x even if you OC CPU(ASUS CUSL2-C has a safty feature that turns off AGP4x if you OC 140Mhz or more).

Someone please please please please help. If you have AIM please get on, my sn is PrudensOptimus, help help.

Try to install DirectX 8 and remove 9, if it still doesnt work
    Defrag your PC (it cant hurt and it will make it speedier), if it still doesnt work
    Run a virus scan (you never know..)

/Bjorne

what type of game are you trying to play ?
    are you running anti virus at the same time you playing game ?
    reason i ask, celeron 700 is not the sharpest processor to play games.. so that could be the problem right there..
    Assumption is the mother of all fucl< ups

Try clocking it back to 700........You have the pci and agp slots overclocked as well as the FSB.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by DocPC
    Try clocking it back to 700........You have the pci and agp slots overclocked as well as the FSB.
    My first thought as well.

BTW, did you ever get it fixed
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

If memory serves me (and I am by no means sure as we see so many in chat) that it came down to the fact that he ran out of thermal grease so there was none on the processor.

The slow down is the processor desperately trying to avoid suicide....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Overclocking Can Be Scary...

I would also suggest clocking it down... That would in fact be the very first thing I tried, before flashing my BIOS or anything else. Overclocking is fun, but when you start noticing preformance slow-downs it is a very good idea to set things back to factory defaults to see if that improves anything. Also, since you have a nVidia card... I would suggest downgrading your drivers to the 41.09... Check out Guru3D if you can't find that version elsewhere. It also contains some other cool tweaking utilities and such... Anyway, post more on your system so we can give some better advice.
    ..."This is what is sad when one contemplates human life, that so many live out their lives in quiet lostness . . . they live, as it were, away from themselves and vanish like shadows. Their immortal souls are blown away, and they are not disquieted by the question of its immortality, because they are already disintegrated before they die."...