It's back

Thread: It's back

It's back

Well the Athlon 1ghz with the scsi card is back. He said it the mouse wouldn't work. ( actually the original reason we had it ). Of course this time he didn't bring the mouse.... not that it mattered as his computer wouldn't boot at all anyway.

We disconnected all of the customers drives, we are using our 320 watt amd approved power supply our known good hard drive ( ide 10gb ) and loaded win 98 onto it. everything worked fine till we got to the modem. after loading it I went to install the video as I removed the standard vga from device manager and restarted we got fatal exceptions again. I pulled modem and things seemed to be fine. last thing to load is the scsi card ( nothing attachted to it but just seeing if the card is a problem. ) computer will not shutdown or restart with the scsi installed. I'm currently running a memory test on the drive.

The computer is...

Athlon 1ghz
    BCM via motherboard
    2 256 mb sdram
    ess1898 sound card
    cirrus logic 5465 video
    realtek 8139 nic
    adaptec 19160 scsi controller
    diamond supramax modem ( 2750 i believe ) - removed
    wd 10gb hard drive ( ours - in temp to eliminate his drives)
    TTGI 320 AMD and P4 approved power supply ( ours )

problems:

fatal exceptions - seems to be from modem
    not restarting/shutting down - seems to be scsi card?

previous problems

unable to load windows98 or xp
    registry corrupting ( cannot be loaded ) after we get system up and running.

I don't think I'm dealing with one source of problem here... I would just like a little input at other things to look at.... we've gotten this thing back several times after fixing it... I want to make sure we address all the problems.....

I have loaded all new drivers ( except sound windows takes care of that. ) including via 4in1.
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

just at thought have you tried playing withthe aspi layer...useing different versions...
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...