sp4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sp4

SP4????

I have loaded it on a few workstations and seems to work OK - so far! Loaded it on a server and LOOK OUT!!!! I now have to reload SQL and am having problems with RAS. Be carefull, be VERY, VERY CAREFUL!!!! TEST! TEST! TEST! before you load on a production server!
    Good luck!

I have already had to reinstall alot of games because SP4 corrupted them.

I already slipstreamed SP4 into a installation CD.
    Last edited by GokuSS2; July 9th, 2003 at 02:26 AM.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Just set up a server and this is the 1st update to it. DLing it for my PC. Let ya know how it goes for me later.

Edit: Went fine on server (brand new) and on workstations. Everything happy so far. Don't see anything different.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; July 8th, 2003 at 11:30 PM.

No problems. The latest Zone Alarm has also installed which I had to wait some time for after the last one wouldn't install.

Some optional updates with Windows Update that I didn't need must have been installed by SP4.

We are currently in the process of testing SP4 on a few machines before the total deployment. Usually, we only have one model or so have problems and that usually is a BIOS or driver update issue.

Good Luck,

I have had it on about 10 workstations for about a month, seems to be working just fine. Hoping to deploy system wide in the next couple weeks.
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Originally posted by Rô©kHøµñÐ
    Dell Openmanage still has a fit with it, but it had a fit wit SP3 as well. At least it isnt the same Dll files getting replaced this time. (was SNMP with SP3) This time it appears that one of the PERC 3di driver files got upgraded and now the adaptec cio program keeps hanging.

I wish MS and its partners would standardize on the function calls that will be used in specific Dll files.

Its no biggie but I like a nice blue and white event log.
    With the proliants I usually get a popup that tells me "your computer vendor has installed this file on your machine, are you sure you want to replace it?" I haven't seen that lately but it seems that Dell should do the same thing with their drivers..
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Actually I think they should colabarate better with MS happened on SP3, SP4 and when you upgrade to 2003 .

I really dont use it so I am removing it from my servers before I upgrade them 2003, that way I get no missing MIB errors and I dont have to go registry hacking.

I wish vendors would placce thier custom dll's in thier \program files\vendorname\ folder to aleviate this headache.

Installed a slipstreamed version on 4 boxes now, all running with no probs .... well none relating to SP4 anyway
    Last edited by buksida; August 10th, 2003 at 10:31 AM.

Originally posted by silencio
    With the proliants I usually get a popup that tells me "your computer vendor has installed this file on your machine, are you sure you want to replace it?" I haven't seen that lately but it seems that Dell should do the same thing with their drivers..
    This kind of message 'usually' comes from the installer package used to create the installer itself, there's version control & date options available for instance with MSI(they produce exactly the 'box' I think you mean) & if I remember correctly installshield ... there's lots of other instalation packagers available though, so I guess its dependant on what each manufacturer chooses to use to actually perform any install with.