CD ROM reading data as music

Thread: CD ROM reading data as music

Unhappy CD ROM reading data as music

Hi,
    I've just upgraded a PC to a 2.5xp and I used the same HD, DVD, and burner. The all drives appear on the boot screen. The OS is XP pro.The problem is, the driver CD. I can try to load it with the CDRW and it's showing a music track. The DVD drive will not read it @ all. When I map to another workstations CD it( the driver CD) can be accessed.Any suggestions?Thanks!

OK, first things first

Go to device manager (right click my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager button) and check whether there are any ! against any devices - most particularly against your cdrw or the ide/atapi controllers...

Is this a via chipset? Have you loaded the motherboard drivers?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Re: CD ROM reading data as music

Originally posted by tecboy
    Hi,
    I've just upgraded a PC to a 2.5xp and I used the same HD, DVD, and burner. The all drives appear on the boot screen. The OS is XP pro.The problem is, the driver CD. I can try to load it with the CDRW and it's showing a music track. The DVD drive will not read it @ all. When I map to another workstations CD it( the driver CD) can be accessed.Any suggestions?Thanks!
    What is the CD burning software you are using?