What should be done to the blaster writer?

View Poll Results: What should be done to the blaster writer?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lock him up with Bubba

9 31.03%
  • Give Him a Job, He's a damn fine programmer

8 27.59%
  • Shoot Him in the face

5 17.24%
  • Torture is too good.........

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What should be done to the blaster writer?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

What should be done to the blaster writer?

So what do you guys think?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I Guess,,, Lock Him Up With BUBBA~!!!
    Just because WE CAN~!!!!
    And HE**yes It Would Be Funny~!
    YEEEEHAwwwwwwww

But honestly,, not taking sides either way,, Was this a wake up call to pc users? At least this virus was nothing more than a pain in the a**to the common users.
    I Honestly feel it was just a matter of a few weeks/months and somebody with more malicious intentions or perhaps terriots from some 3rd world sespool would have destroyed computers world wide.
    Though,, I agree, The Whole Thing IS Wrong~!!,, But,, People knew that before July 16th,, And The majority(300,000 users) did NOTHING To Prevent It.
    The Word Was Out,, Nobody listened Until It Was TO Late~!
    It Could have been FAR Worse.

trout

It was a wakeup call, and yes it was a nice little boost to the biz for tech shops, but it was unnecessary extra work for the hourly help desk workers
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

"Shoot him in the face" is just too good a line to ignore.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

He won't get a job as a programmer - did you see what Symantec said about it?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Considering he's just exploiting a Windows flaw I can't imagine that he's that great of a programmer. I mean I can go out for Sunday walks and trip over Windows flaws.
    General Darksteel, fascist dictator, socially inept and clueless demagouge, and one man army of the L.U.R.K.

Originally posted by Darksteel
    Considering he's just exploiting a Windows flaw I can't imagine that he's that great of a programmer. I mean I can go out for Sunday walks and trip over Windows flaws.
    And considering that he couldn't even determine what version of Windows the code was running on ...

Originally posted by rgharper
    And considering that he couldn't even determine what version of Windows the code was running on ...
    ya, at first, i thought it was all windows NT platforms.. After digging into the details of the worm, i find NT4.0 and 2k3 to be immune to the bug.. Good thing i run 2k3
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

I patched ages ago, and I run a firewall, so the worm didn't affect me. Ever since the infamous 811493 patch that screwed up so many people's systems, people have been hesitant to use Windows Update.

Who said that he should be given a job? Just curious

I think we should tie him to a tree cut him open and string out his internals give him an iv to keep him alive, tape his eyelids open and let the animals feed on his inerds slowly working toward him while he watches the whole thing. But on a lighter note its always nice to get the money a virus generates and to thumb your nose at the folks you have been warning about getting virus protection, firewalls, and doing their updates.

Banned
    I think he should be forced to work my job, and deal with the users.*shuddering at the thought of the torture*

Originally posted by Matridom
    ya, at first, i thought it was all windows NT platforms.. After digging into the details of the worm, i find NT4.0 and 2k3 to be immune to the bug.. Good thing i run 2k3
    You'd better patch if you haven't already, the next guy may be smarter ...

What I meant was that the worm writer was too inept to determine the Windows version the worm was executing on, so he instead used a random number generator to pick which system to try to infect - Windows XP or Windows 2000. Fortunately he weighted it at 80% Windows XP, 20% Windows 2000 ... otherwise he'd have probably brought down even more networks and systems than he did.

Originally posted by rgharper
    You'd better patch if you haven't already, the next guy may be smarter ...

What I meant was that the worm writer was too inept to determine the Windows version the worm was executing on, so he instead used a random number generator to pick which system to try to infect - Windows XP or Windows 2000. Fortunately he weighted it at 80% Windows XP, 20% Windows 2000 ... otherwise he'd have probably brought down even more networks and systems than he did.
    I checked my server.. the patch was applied so long ago, i forgot about it. july17th it was applied to ye ole server
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Virusus make me money. Know how many people don't know how to run a antivirus.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede