Driver needed

Thread: Driver needed

Driver needed

Hi all... Trying to find a sound driver for a MetroBook laptop. The only identification on it is MetroBook Computer Corp. Model No: MetroBook. I have found little to nothing for this unit. I would like to avoid taking it aprart to id the chip, but may have to.
    Get me a soldering iron and some duct tape, and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/22/22498.htm

thats all I could find. Looks like they are gone, no more homepage, no more support. But I can still find lots of places on-line that sell them!

I found a pdf of the specs - shouldn't be too hard to get the drivers for any of the stuff they used from other laptop manufacturers who used the same chipsets. The pdf says its a yamaha fm - the sound card drivers you found DA are ESS Maestro... hmmm wonder which it is!!

Yamaha drivers... probably be the bottom set
    Last edited by NooNoo; September 11th, 2003 at 04:08 PM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    I found a pdf of the specs - shouldn't be too hard to get the drivers for any of the stuff they used from other laptop manufacturers who used the same chipsets. The pdf says its a yamaha fm - the sound card drivers you found DA are ESS Maestro... hmmm wonder which it is!!

We ususally try troubleshooter or some other diagnostics.. It ususally can tell you at Least the company, right?

And that's the trouble sometimes with el cheapo laptops, in ceratin situations it can waste a lot of your time!

l8r

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo

The answer to your question NooNoo is that they were Ess Maestro-2 drivers. I had to take to thing apart id the chip. Thank you all for the info.
    Get me a soldering iron and some duct tape, and I'll see what I can do.