Isabel

Thread: Isabel

Isabel

Dumb hurricane. At work we watched Concord E-health report site after site down as it moved inland. It's spooky when you watch a buttload of your sites go down off the network one at a time. So far it's just power related.

It's starting to rain now and I've lost power 2 times so far and I'm about to unplug everything and be bored. We're expecting lots of flooding as we just flooded on Tuesday and the ground is so saturated that 2 inches of rain is enough to overflow rivers and whatnots in the area. I expect the power to drop any minute nott hat the winds are kicking up. I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with no power. I have no idea what to do with my time if it doesn't involve the Internet or a PC anymore. Dang.

Sounds like you need a good battery operated toy to while a way the time maybe a...............

...................Gameboy

Hope it doesnt get too wet for you........... ducks
    Last edited by Archer; September 18th, 2003 at 05:49 PM.

I just said something like that to my GF, but I wasn't refering to a gameboy.

I think I'm gonna get some wine and watch the rain sit on the balcony and watch the rain come down.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    I think I'm gonna get some wine and watch the rain sit on the balcony and watch the rain come down.
    Have some more wine.........rain..........wine.......rain.....
    I get the pitcture

Seriously I dont know how you folks manage every year with such terrible weather.It always seems like all the houses get ripped to peices after these events or if its not the roads are getting washed away the woods are aflame.

In Pennsylvania we don't get hurricaines. Well, we get the tail ends but not the storms actually passing over. This is something else and people are peeing themselves.

Sounds like it`ll shortly be time to test if your companies disaster recovery techniques are up to the job including UPS, backups etc.
    I hope the house is soundly boarded up,Just don't go outside with any large umbrellas or you be like Mary Poppins

It was no big deal. Wind, rain, that's it. Powers down everywhere and phones aren't working very well, no street lights. Work is running the data center on diesel but no power in the town. I have power so I got to fire up the p166 lappy and try to work from home.

How did everyone else in the area do?