Multi Monitor - Multi taskbar

Thread: Multi Monitor - Multi taskbar

Multi Monitor - Multi taskbar

I have been using two monitors on my PC here at work for a while now. ( i got stuck with the task of assembling the company newsletter, the dual displays make this much easier)

but it has always bothered me that the taskbar stays only on the primary monitor. So after doing some googleing..i found a nice little freeware app that solves this problem. It creates a seperate taskbar on the second and/or third monitor. (only 3 are supported at this point). The start button stays on the primary, but the clock is replicated to both. THe best part is, that it places teh buttons on the proper bar. so if you have WOrd open on the second monitor, the task bar button will be on the bar on the second monitor. I have only been using it for like 10 minutes now..but i am loving it.

The only downside i have found yet, is that it doesnt support the windows XP look. It is just the windows classic gray...but it beats the hell out of not having a bar at all.

you can get it here, and it is free:

http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

Enjoy!!!!

EDIT. i also found another one. it supports the XP themes. also allows for managing multiple wallpapers and screensavers. the downside is that the clock doesnt get moved over. you can download a free full featured trial here. the trial is only good for 30 days though. then i beleive it is like $40 to register..i'll probably go back to the free one after that.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

Now if there was only a way to add a quick launch menu...
    Last edited by delmer_1; October 17th, 2003 at 09:54 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs