Laserclass 700 series driver

Thread: Laserclass 700 series driver

Laserclass 700 series driver

I have a client that has a Mac and PC shop (Architectural firm). They recently purchased a Canon Laserclass 730i which they were told had full support for Macs.. Well, the older Mac running OS 9 can see the printer with limited functionality using the drivers on the server. The newer OS X Macs can't see it at all. Canon has not been very helpful in getting this resolved, and I haven't been able to find drivers either Mac specific or Linux in general. has anyone else run into this and been able to fix it?

Here are Canon's drivers for Mac OS X. Towards the bottom of that webpage, there is a step-by-step procedure on adding drivers. But I never could find your model number.

After doing some research, it looks like a 730i is actually a fax machine...is this your machine? http://www.dpoe.com/new730ispecifications.htm

Here are the drivers for LaserClass 700 Series. Unfortunately, nothing listed for Mac's.

Sorry I couldn't help out more. If you find a solution for Mac, please post it here so that we might all learn from it. Good Luck!

Yes, it is a multi function fax device. Specifically it is the 730i. From what I found on the Canon site (The same stuff you found), they aren't supporting it on the Mac yet. I'm trying to track down a Postscript driver for it, I can make that work with the Mac.

Any other ideas?