[RESOLVED] Keyboard problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Keyboard problem

Venom88

Question Keyboard problem

I think the PS-2 connector on my motherboard has shorted out or just stopped working all together. It's an ABIT BE-6 II. Does anyone know how to get that fixed or a good workaround for me to use. I can't type anything in at all and I can't even access the board's BIOS without a working keyboard.

I had thought of buying a USB keyboard but I don't think that will help me in DOS mode when the system is first booting. Any help would really be appreciated.

And you did already try a different keyboard? If so you're probably right the MB is damaged.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Check grounding around the PS/2 Connector, Also replace the PS/2 Keyboard and try again.
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA
    Tampa Bay Communications Inc
    http://www.smokinparts.com/smokinpartslogo

i have ran into that problem before with an asus. i called the tech line and explained to them the problem. it was out of warranty. but they gave me an rga number and told me to enclose a check for $40.00. sure enough they exchanged it for me. after verifying the p/s 2 keyboard slot was bad. all the best, britaries
    carpe diem and alba gae bragh!

Had the same problem...but what message do you get when you boot? If:"KEYBOARD ERROR OR KEYBOARD NOT PRESENT" or something like that, well it's the Mother Board! Sorry about that I cannot do anything,

good luck

I would try a USB keyboard. They will often boot up even if USB keyboard support hasn't been enabled.
    What I know about computers would fill volumes - what I don't know would fill a wharehouse.