Prositution : The worlds 'oldest' profession ?

View Poll Results: What should we do about prostitution ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes legalise it & show me the boobies ! (or other 'bits' for the ladies or maybe 'men' ! )

18 50.00%
  • Its a crime lets continue to treat it that way, no decent person would even think about it.

3 8.33%
  • It will go on , no matter what, so lets be sensible, don't legalise it but ....

7 19.44%
  • I really couldn't give a f...

9 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prositution : The worlds 'oldest' profession ?

Question Prositution : The worlds 'oldest' profession ?

I suppose 'we' represent the worlds newest profession, so I thought I'd ask what we all feel about the oldest ....

Personally I think, like it or not, it ain't going away, so what should we do ?

BTW I made the poll 'muli-orgasmic' - so you can tick any number you like & NO - I didn't make it so you could all see how everyone voted (Cleetus can vote yes with complete confidence ! )
    Last edited by confus-ed; December 7th, 2003 at 05:22 AM.

It's already legal in many places that some consider more "socially advanced", sort of like your stand with drugs, right?
    BTW, I think the oldest profession is "Politician".
    Though some may see them as the same profession.

Banned
    As I spent last night at teh boobie bar, might as well have finished the deal off. I voted yes.

Hi there,

George Carlin, kinda sum it up: "Selling is legal, f**king is legal! How come selling f**king isn't legal?". (I hope I got it right). *hehe*

Ju Leon...
    Otaku Anime Network
    http://www.otakuanime.com/

Guardian Of The Sailor Scouts Universe
    http://www.guardiansenshi.net/

The Sailor Scouts Gallery
    http://www.kawaiisenshi.com/

How about the idea that if it is legalized it will be a huge blow to organized crime?

How about the idea that if it is legalized, the women forced into the profession will have rights and health regulations and better income and more respect?

How about the idea that it will save thousands of lives every year?

Anyone wanna ask me where I get my facts and ideas from?

Two stepsisters who lived lives as hookers, one of whom was murdered by a client.

Would legalizing prostitution have helped them?

Damn straight it would have.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Legalize it....it works in Nevada.

Plus, politicians would drool over the potential tax base this would add to support all their pet projects...
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Banned
    I swear, if it was regulated and I could get a "clean" girl, I so would. Rather than waste several dates, or a lot of drinks and stupid talk on some stupid girl, go out and get what it is that I want, boom, I am happy, didn't waste any time, she got paid. Win and Win.

You know, the funny thing is, if you asked them who their clientele was, you'd find out that a large portion of it was lawyers, judges, politicians, rich executives...

And yet these are the people who make and enforce the laws against prostitution?
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I still think it's criminal, and should continue to be illegal. No one has presented a good case yet.

Why is it criminal? its the prostitues body and she should be allowed to do with it what she wants, shouldn't she??

I think regulation and legalazation would clean it up and make it alot safer for women in the "profession". Also, why shouldn't it be taxed just like our jobs, we pay taxes on our earnings, why shouldn't they?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I still think it's criminal, and should continue to be illegal. No one has presented a good case yet.
    A guy can go out and get what he wants, not deal with bull that all women give, not worry about diseases or the law, not deal with the fact that all women are in one way or another, and in the end, it will keep him from turning gay

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I don't know about that, Clam came up with several good points, and the fact that Nevada already regulates it gives it some validity.

Personally, I would de-criminalize it (not the same thing as legalizing), and then regulate the h3|| out of it.

What would constitute a good case to you? (Not arguing the point, just wondering)
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    A guy can go out and get what he wants, not deal with bull that all women give, not worry about diseases or the law, not deal with the fact that all women are in one way or another, and in the end, it will keep him from turning gay

...and, seducing the relatives?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I dont think I would personally use em, but I think if people want to they should have the option
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I say legalize it, that way it is regulated and hopefully safer.

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs