Diskeeper 8

Current Setup

C: FAT32 Primary Partition
    D: NTFS - XP INSTALLED Primary Partition
    E: NTFS - XP INSTALLED Primary Partition
    F: NTFS Primary Partition |
    G: NTFS Extended Partition |

Both D and E have Diskeeper Version: 8.0.459.0 installed
    I disabled the Simple file Sharing in E so that only E had access to F And since G is extended from F, when i open Diskeeper in E: partition, both F and G dont show. Well now thats a problem because i cant defrag them anymore if i cant see them.

And for some reason i cant defraf anything anymore. i click defrag and diskeeper just sits there. Tried the same thing in D: partition and there also Diskeeper doesnt defrag/analyse anymore.

Does Diskeeper require any special permissions on each drive.
    Currently on E; The System, Everyone and both Admin users have access (that includes me) but Diskeeper still doesnt defrag them. Although it still is able to see C,D,E it cant do anything to them.

I didnt have this problem with Diskeeper7 and since i only modified drive properties in the E; partiion i dont know why D's XP also gives the same problem, they both are pri partitions, have their own installation of xp and diskeeper and are totally independant, just dont know the problem??

The problem only started when i changed teh properties of F drive

Also anyway to revert back to when i disabled the Simple file sharing without using System Restore? Like put teh setting back to default

----------------

Well i found out that the problem was that i changed teh SYSTEM user's access and denied it access to drive F: but i dont know how that could prevent the system from access to E: drive.

Anyway how can i safely prevent D: to access F: without denying E:'s access to F:

This per user or the entire machine?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    This per user or the entire machine?
    Each NTFS partition has its own XP user, so D: has a user and E: has a user

Are they both local admins or at least power users?

Are you attempting to run diskeeper when logged in as Admin

And please, why two full copies of xp with two different users on the same machine?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Are they both local admins or at least power users?
    ---They are both local admins

Are you attempting to run diskeeper when logged in as Admin
    --- When logged in as a user with admin rights

And please, why two full copies of xp with two different users on the same machine?
    --- Originally i didnt have 2 full copies installed but since my siblings use the pc and more often than not they play around with it alot i keep all my games and fun stuff on on one part and all work and mom and dad related stuff on the other.

I installed Diskeeper 8 recently.
    Logged on as THE local administrator
    Machine locked up right after installing Diskeeper and the first time I tried to use it.
    I rebooted and it allowed me to defrag.

I've been using Diskeeper since version 5. I love the new interface, but not impressed with the way it behaved initially. I'm wondering if there are a few bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffO93
    I installed Diskeeper 8 recently.
    Logged on as THE local administrator
    Machine locked up right after installing Diskeeper and the first time I tried to use it.
    I rebooted and it allowed me to defrag.

I've been using Diskeeper since version 5. I love the new interface, but not impressed with the way it behaved initially. I'm wondering if there are a few bugs.
    The new interface is nice and smooth, but there are problems. i really like using Diskeeper and want to continue to use it , hopefully there is going to be an update soon.