NF7-S v2.0 Boot problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NF7-S v2.0 Boot problems

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    Check for a 100MHZ-133MHZ FSB jumper on the board. Look at the manual for the location.

Or that setting may be in the BIOS.
    Ok Thanks.

Unhappy Help!!!!

Oh god. Please someone help.

After all of this it seems like my second "backup" drive isn't working. It has all of the pictures of my sons birth and everything. Please someone give me some good news. It is showing up but when I try to open it it says that the hard drive is not formatted and asks if I would like to format it. What can I do? Whats happened? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    Check for a 100MHZ-133MHZ FSB jumper on the board. Look at the manual for the location.

Or that setting may be in the BIOS.
    What do I need to do? Adjust it in some way?

OK stop right there

Lets deal with your pictures first.

Explain you second backup drive, how is it connected, when did it last work etc...

Lets get your pics recovered.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    OK stop right there

Lets deal with your pictures first.

Explain you second backup drive, how is it connected, when did it last work etc...

Lets get your pics recovered.
    Ok if you have read before now you will see that its a new motherboard. I took the advice from before and reformated my first hard drive. When installing XP it say insert disc and stuck on 0% formatted. Anyway I disconnect my second "backup" hard drive and then it installed Xp with no problems. I then reconnected the second hard drive and it said what I explained before. They are both connected with the same cable on IDE 1.

Unhappy

Hi. I still need help if anyone has time. Tried everything and still can't access the harddrive. I fear the pictures are lost and my life is over when the girlfriend finds out. Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Impreza_wrcsti; December 19th, 2003 at 03:09 AM.
    Englishman Living in Norway.

FYI There's another connected thread Here that wants fixing first !

We want your 'beast' fixed up before we go trying to recover anything ...

Ok well computer is now working great. 2ghz processor working like it should. 3 sticks of ram. 512mb each. Graphics card fine. Burner and cd fine. First hard drive no problems. No voltage problems now. Set vcore to 1.62 and more importanly, no beeping! Yeah! OK so now data recovery. Windows XP sees my second hard drive but won't let me access it. Asks if I want to reformat it. ?
    Last edited by Impreza_wrcsti; December 19th, 2003 at 08:39 AM.

What brand is this 'backup' disk ? ... go track down the manufacturers diagnostic utility for it & run that, but most likely this is some kind of partition information missing/damaged problem & some kind of recovery utility can maybe get it all back easily enough, lets check out the drive first if it shows in device manager ok.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    What brand is this 'backup' disk ? ... go track down the manufacturers diagnostic utility for it & run that, but most likely this is some kind of partition information missing/damaged problem & some kind of recovery utility can maybe get it all back easily enough, lets check out the drive first if it shows in device manager ok.
    Yes it shows in the device manager. The type is seagate. 80gb. Its like its new and needs formatting.

Today's stupid question:

Are the hard drives properly configured as master/slave on the IDE channel?

Gotta start at the beginning...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Absolutely adept.

1. Check hardware is configured correctly
    2. Put drive on a different IDE to ensure no clashes
    3. Run disk diags (non destructive only)
    4. Run recovery program such as pc inspector this one is free, it may do the job. There are others which are more costly, and by all reports do a better job....but at least you can see if you can get the files with this.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Absolutely adept.

1. Check hardware is configured correctly
    2. Put drive on a different IDE to ensure no clashes
    3. Run disk diags (non destructive only)
    4. Run recovery program such as pc inspector this one is free, it may do the job. There are others which are more costly, and by all reports do a better job....but at least you can see if you can get the files with this.
    1. I beleive it is properly configured. Anything spacific you mean?
    2. Yes, no luck.
    3. Just done it. Seagate diagnostic tools has been running for 6 hours and says the drive is fine.
    4. Tried Pc Inspector and it can find the drive but has no other information relating too it. Comes up with "bas parameter in bott sector: Bytes Per Sector (0) = 0!" This does relate to the hard drive I have problems with.

Oh something different now. Just tried accessing the hard drive and rather than "disk isn't formatted would you like to format now" it is saying "Incorrect parameter!" ?

Just noticed this. On the properties on the hard drive is says that my file system is RAW and not ntfs. Any ideas why? I have just downloaded a program that recovers pictures and it has found all of my pictures on the hard drive. So why can't I access the drive?