Outlook help needed

Thread: Outlook help needed

Outlook help needed

when ever i goto check my email it downloads 5 messages then kicks back this error:
    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

and if i click sent and recieve it downloads the same 5 emails and does it over and over again .

What could this be , i did virus scan , waited all day

This normally indicates a corrupt message on mail server. It times out at the (in your case 6th message) and when you go back again it takes first 5 then times out at 6 again.
    Logon to the mailserver through webmail and delete the 5 you already have and the next one in line.
    There are several webmail portals you can use if your provider hasnt got one.
    http://www.e-mailanywhere.com
    http://mail2web.com

i think that got it , thanks man

one other thing, i didnt want to start new thread. Stupid messenger. I uninstalld through add/remove programs, i deleted the reg value for it, and i took it out of startup for windows but when i start outlook it comes up in sys tray !!!

There is a setting in options in tools in outlook to find. Messenger starts with out look unless this is unchecked.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i cant find anything like that

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Theres a very handy little utility that fixes that as well as other windows annoyances ,Ive used to on several pcs with great sucess.
    Here
    Very small file,Very easy to use, runs standalone
    Enjoy
    trout