Gigabyte 6VXC7 not booting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gigabyte 6VXC7 not booting

Quote Originally Posted by buksida
    ..Could the new mainboard be faulty? ASUS A7V8X-X..
    This record is 'really' stuck ... you can't say for sure without testing each part seperately

Or you go around & around & around in iddy biddy circles (like here) until your brains drop out !

Hiya, I'm having a few wierd problems with this board. Firstly when I added an additional stick of SDRAM I got the AGP warning beeps on startup. Re-seated the card now I'm getting a beep that sounds like an alarm clock, one I've never heard before. Completely stripped the beast down and re-built it and its still not playing, thought it may be the CPU but its fine in another comp. Any ideas what to try next? Cheers.
    I had a similar proplem matter of fact it sounded just like it, the memory that I got to upgrade a system was not the correct speed for the board after I installed it gave me the same amount of beeps that you got, Windows worked briefly and then crashed out. My advice is to try the board with the old ram and see what happens also you may want to check the bios to see if the voltage for your ram is set properly

ed - is there any mainboard diagnostic software out there as i dont really have the kit to test individual mobo components? I will install it in another comp with the same board tomorrow as the final test.

then i've tested every single component individually in other machines and they're all fine

I hate being beaten by machines

ed - is there any mainboard diagnostic software out there as i dont really have the kit to test individual mobo components? I will install it in another comp with the same board tomorrow as the final test.

then i've tested every single component individually in other machines and they're all fine

I hate being beaten by machines
    You can buy kit to test stuff seperately, here I'd be at that board with a 'post tester' Something 'like' this, though I'm not recommending this particular one ! ...

Testing anything other than a mainboard is best achieved with one ! Or cheapest anyway ... I have a 'variety' of old/spare boards for the task (for psu's crack out the multimeter or use a 'good 'un' in place to check)..

I hate stuff, when it does this ! ... just keep at it Each time we are 'testing' we are using the least stuff required to boot ?

beat it !!

finally cracked the sucker! The DDR stick would only work in one of the 3 slots on the board !? I guess thats a mainboard fault and technically it should go back to the shop. It was a mutha to troubleshoot though as you have read!

think i'll just off load it back onto the customer and hope he doesnt want to upgrade the RAM in the next couple of years. shame i cant really charge him the 623 hours it took me to fix it!!

ed - if i ever get back to sunny blighty i owe you a beer!

ed - if i ever get back to sunny blighty i owe you a beer!
    welcome fella.

& edit.

"The DDR stick would only work in one of the 3 slots on the board !? I guess thats a mainboard fault and technically it should go back to the shop"

Well it depends on the capacity, many boards only accept their 'largest' memory sticks in one slot & not the others, or the first two & not the rest etc .. makes 'em cheaper to make.
    Last edited by confus-ed; January 23rd, 2004 at 08:15 AM.