broke my sblive:(

Thread: broke my sblive:(

broke my sblive:(

Hi guys hope i can get some good info.

I had a sblive 5.1 digital, but with lots of use over 2 years it has broke the green and pink input ports have fallen off shame it was a good card.

Any way ive got on board c-media 9738 4 ch audio ive herd this is ok but dont fancy using up cpu time using the onboard solution, so i have ordered this card what do u think off it or should i stick with the on board stuff.Any advice would be great thanks.

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/comp...quicklinx=2C5X

Soz my spec lol

Xp 2200 @2.10gig
    creative 3dblaster fx5600 ultra 128mb
    512 mb pc2100 ddr
    western digital 80 gig dimond max 9
    sblive!
    dvd rom
    liton cd-rw
    win xp

Quote Originally Posted by BOYDIE-NI
    Welcome to Windrivers BOYDIE-NI.

Err what did you order ?... your link produces me a nice blank page ! (it looks like one of those 'generated' links thats only good for a session, fix up your url please)

Signal Processor CMI-8738 This is a nice cheap and cheerful card.

I am wondering what on earth you did to your sblive, I have 15 year old sound cards - none of which are losing their jacks!!

You may want to consider one of the 5.25" bay front plug in units, mine gives me speakers and mic, 2xusb and firewire, plus a pretty display about how hot things are in there.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Seems fine here.....I never heard of the card, but it seems ok.

you’re in home > components > soundcards > Sound & MIDI Cards > productView

Audio eXtreme 5.1 PCI
    £15.00 inc VAT (£12.77 ex VAT)
    17 in stock now
    0 estimated in stock 1-3 days

manufacturer code AX-5.1
    quicklinx 2C5XWS
    dabspoints 15

Image for illustrative purposes only

As the PC transforms into an entertainment platform, the AudioExtreme 5.1 provides entertainment enthusiasts with the ultimate solution in digital audio with budget consciousness. This new line of 5.1 sound cards delivers true AC3 5.1-channel surround sound to consumers, allowing them to experience total sound immersion - just like at the movie theater. Users seeking a high-end choice for digital audio creation and playback, Internet music, MP3/WMA format music recording and power gaming will find that the AudioExtreme 5.1 sound card offers a full-feature set of the applications and utilities available today.

PRODUCT FEATURES:

HRTF-based 3D Positional audio, supporting Microsoft DirectSound 3D and A3D and EAX audio interface;
    6 Channel 16-bit DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) supports AC3 - 5.1 audio decoding;
    Supports 6 Speaker and 4 Speaker connection;
    Sbpro audio compatible;
    DLS- based wavetable music synthesizer, supports Microsoft DirectMusic;
    MPU-401 Midi Port / Dual Game port support for external Midi device and PC Joystick connection;
    Internal CD-ROM Audio connection with analogue and digital (SPDIF) connectors;
    PCI bus master with PCI 2.1 Bus specification;
    High quality audio output for headphones with wired remote control support.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

www.dabs.com Ed and put in quicklinx 2C5XWS
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    www.dabs.com Ed and put in quicklinx 2C5XWS
    TA !

These use the same chip as These Hercules Gamesurround Muse™ 5.1 DVD (if Noo told me right ) - now I fit these at 1/2 the price of an sb ... I'll quote the conclusion from my link
    Overall, this card is not bad. It's very good and it has an OK quality. Hercules could have done better. This card needs to at lest have a Bass/Treble or an equalizer control.

In my opinion, for this price or paying you could get something better. I am not saying this card is expensive, its very cheap. But at this "cheap" price you can still get something better. Hercules is a very good company, they always release good quality products at very good prices. This card isn't bad, its really good. It has excellent Surround sound, when your watching a movie, you feel like your in the movies. And when you are playing a game, lets say Counter-Strike, you feel the person that's coming near you, you know which side the guy is coming from. Although, the sound is very soft.

Score 8/10
    Which about says it all, & 'appropriately' is somewhat confus-ed in its conclusions !