Win 98 2nd Edition CD-Rom

Thread: Win 98 2nd Edition CD-Rom

Win 98 2nd Edition CD-Rom

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to install a printer but am unable
    to do so because I keep getting an error saying I need a certain file. The
    file is UNIDRV.DLL. It says I need to load Windows 98 Second Edition CD. My operating system was installed with the computer, HP Pavilion 8562, therefore I don't have the Win 98 CD.

I'm pretty much a novice at this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

Banned
    [QUOTE=kd1055]I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to install a printer but am unable
    file is UNIDRV.DLL. It says I need to load Windows 98 Second Edition CD. My operating system was installed with the computer, HP Pavilion 8562, therefore I don't have the Win 98 CD.

Kathy[/QUOTE

have a look , in explorer for a directory with *.cab files in it , that will be the place to point your instilation to ,,,,could be c:/cabs or wherever ,,,,,second thoughts ,,,,just do a search for *.cab ,,,if they are there (70+) you will spot them ,

good luck , any probs ask again

freddy

Quote Originally Posted by kd1055

Kathy
    Welcome to Windrivers Kathy! You can download the unidrv.dll file here ! Good luck!
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by kd1055

Kathy
    Right, welcome again Kath. If the install is looking for a file from Win98 CD, when it asks choose browse, and then "browse" (in other words, point the installation to) to c:\windows\options\cabs. That is where the original "cab" files will be, unless the PC was formatted without the original recovery disks. If that is the case, we will need more details, but the unidrv.dll file should be no problem to find as jitbob has pointed out.

Smile Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Right, welcome again Kath. If the install is looking for a file from Win98 CD, when it asks choose browse, and then "browse" (in other words, point the installation to) to c:\windows\options\cabs. That is where the original "cab" files will be, unless the PC was formatted without the original recovery disks. If that is the case, we will need more details, but the unidrv.dll file should be no problem to find as jitbob has pointed out.
    I just want to thank Freddy, JetBob, TripleRltd for their quick replies. My printer is working!! You have no idea how long I've been trying to get this fixed and you help was just what I needed.

Thanks again,

Kathy