USB zip drive not showing up in MY COMPUTER

Thread: USB zip drive not showing up in MY COMPUTER

USB zip drive not showing up in MY COMPUTER

I have an external USB zip drive connected to my Windows XP computer. It was working fine until recently when I attached an apple iPOD to the system. Both the iPOD and external drive show up under hard drives in the device manager and both show to be working correctly. However, the zip drive is not showing up in My computer while the iPOD is working fine.
    I have removed both drives from the device manager and removed all the USB drivers, rebooted and reconnected the zip drive. The drive is found by the add/remove hardware wizard and drivers are installed. The zip drive still does not appear in "My Computer" .. Any suggested fixes would be appreciated.

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Does the zip show under "Disk Drives" in Device manager and if it is does the properties say "Use this Device"? If it does and you have Power toys-tweakui go into My Computer-Drives and see if it listed and if it has a check mark next to it.
    Last edited by techs; January 26th, 2004 at 03:11 PM.

Right click My Computer and select Manage.Go to Disk Management and see if it appears there along with the state of the drive.