Vid Card

Thread: Vid Card

Question Vid Card

I just have a quick question for everyone. i have herd 3 names, and im assuming there all the same, but I wanted to make sure. the Radeon X800 XT, the Radeon X800 Platinum, and the Radeon X800 XT Platinum??? are they all the same thing? people just call them diff or somthing? cuz im going to buy the XT Platinum so i want to make sure im getting the right one.

The X800 is sold as the X800 Pro and X800 XT Platinum for AGP bus and as the X800 XT and X800 XT Platinum for PCI Express bus. The Platinum has higher clock speed, fill rate, inputs, etc., etc. Take a look here:
    http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx8...ies/index.html
    http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

ahhhhh... IC. Thanks for the Info man. So I assume the AGP's are a better? Or so i understand? ill have to read a bit more.

No, PCI Express is the new bus which will replace AGP. Hot off the presses, limited availability to my knowledge.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

PCI is just the regular ports right? the ones that you plug most of your cards into???

PCI yes. PCI Express is new. 3 times the bandwidth of AGP. http://www.intel.com/technology/pcie...PCIExpress.pdf

Better check your mobo Nikon to see if u have a PCI XPress slot or an AGP one.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Most likely unless you specifically sought out a board with Xpress you just got AGP
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Question

Im pretty sure its an AGP board. Is it worth looking into getting a PCI express board? Cuz i just got all this stuff figured out what would go together well and what have ya. So if its not that big of a diff ill just stick with this AGP board....

Well if theres a big price difference and ur not gonna really use it, i think its best to stick with agp, since u have everything already planned out.