DVD burner problem!!

Thread: DVD burner problem!!

DVD burner problem!!

Hi!
    I installed a Dvd burner (Gigabyte DVDdual Go-w0404A) & removed my old DVD-Rom.The DVDburner is set as master & is connected to the CD-burner (slave) & then connected to the MoBo. For some reason at the boot screen after it reconises the HD´s & the CD/dvd drives I get this message: "Secondary IDE Channel No 80 Conductor Cable Installed". I check all cables & they were all fine & connected proper.
    Windows recognises all the components fine but Im having problem burning DVD- with the burner, it burns Cd´s just fine. I updated to the latest Fiemware (from Giga-byte´s web page) but still I cant burn DVD-. I tryed a DVD+ & it was burning just fine untill Computer just rebooted by itself in the middle of the Session....if I could cry I would.....

"Secondary IDE Channel No 80 Conductor Cable Installed" is generally in reference to an 80pin Ultra IDE cable. Your DVD burner may want to run at an Ultra speed, say Ultra66, but cannot operate properly because you may be using a 40 pin standard IDE cable. What kind of cable is connected?

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    "Secondary IDE Channel No 80 Conductor Cable Installed" is generally in reference to an 80pin Ultra IDE cable. Your DVD burner may want to run at an Ultra speed, say Ultra66, but cannot operate properly because you may be using a 40 pin standard IDE cable. What kind of cable is connected?
    Im not so good with cables!! Its a flat 3 outlet cable with pink stripe at one end thats all I can tell! But since the message says no 80 conductor is installed I guess its a 40 pin Standard IDE cable, I have had it for about 2 years!