can't see pics!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: can't see pics!

can't see pics!

I have this weird problem, LOL. I can see pictures all of the time as far as I know anyway, except on my own site! Let me give you an example:

I have a photo album on my site. When I view it, it looks like this to me:
    http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQAZA6ATgoelhDschXDv8Ef!oPfpkfT5rEZ8FbfN5IVCcAIST gnSBiRK2dsmxEHuhYlhAOYREGcsxaFaSnWRE6THoRs8MTD6Htr Imt1xWYU/album.jpg?dc=4675461621137313959

Here's a link to my album:
    http://www.fresh-hope.com/forums/album_cat.php?cat_id=2

My other admins tell me they can see it just fine! grrrrrrr

Then on my home page,
    http://www.fresh-hope.com/forums/portal.php
    I can see the pics in the posts just fine, the ones in "announcements, and my avatar, but not the one that says newest pic on the left!!! It's from the photo album!

I use IE6 and have all the updates and windows XP home again with all the updates. My other admin has tried viewing it in mozilla and IE and can view it in either. I've tried viewing it with mozilla firebird and it still looks the same to me!

Any ideas???

edit to add, that apparently your board won't support the site I have my pics on, so I changed it to a link.
    Last edited by Cindy; February 28th, 2004 at 11:26 AM.

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    I tried the link to the picture of how it looks to you but it is either down or broken. Without it I can't tell what the problem is. Can you describe what you see?
    Here are some things to try first. Try deleting your tempory internet files and history in Internet Explorer. Then try the site again. Try navigating to the site from your homepage instead of clicking on a link in your computer. In Internet Explorer go to Tools-Internet Options-Advanced and Restore Defaults.

My View

Here this one should work! Sorry I messed up the other one!

I've done that before but the problem continues....

Well I'm still none the wiser (fixed link or not) as to just what's 'amiss' ????

I can however say that this looks more like some 'web page issue' than anything directly to do with xp - (but we don't have a forum anymore for 'web stuff' - arrrrrrrrrgh !) ... so it can stop here !

What I'm 'getting' at the moment is that your web page you can see is using 'old' pictures, but if viewed by 'a.n.other' it works ? If so its getting cached somewhere along the lines ? but I'd better get the question straight before I start 'guessing' the cause

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Are you referring to the area on top of your browser where the web page seems to be superimposed up to your title bar, your file menu, etc? If so I have only seen something like this once before. It was a freeware program that customized the area on the top of the Internet Explorer bar. Try putting your cursor just below the Title bar and not on any icons (say right above the w in the the word Worship above the hope.com part of the address). Right click and post on this forum what options come up (ex. from mine is Standard buttons, address bar, etc.)

hmmm no, I don't think that's what I'm talking about, LOL. When I click on "Album" and then click on the Fresh Hope photo album I just can't view the photos that are in it....

do you get the place holders?
    do you have norton?
    Zone alarm privacy?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

nope no place holders...nothing. No I don't have those either.

I'm seeing the pictures fine, it looks to me that your logged in via an admin access, have you tried going there without signing into MSN?
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

sorry to say it works for me fine....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    sorry to say it works for me fine....
    but only works , if u are a gospel type person ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Don,t work for me

i see no god/ jesus etc etc etc///////////////////

freddy

I know, everyone but me can see them, LOL...it doesn't matter whether I'm signed in or not either. One day I came on not having changed anything and I could see them all, then a little later when I clicked on it to see if I still could, they were gone again!

I just thought of something that may narrow down what the real problem is! You know those anti robotic things you can have in registration forms? The kind that say you have to type in the numbers/letters as you see them, so that they know you're a real person trying to register and not a robot, LOL? Well, I have Never been able to see those!!! It's always blank to me! Does that help?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    I just thought of something that may narrow down what the real problem is! You know those anti robotic things you can have in registration forms? The kind that say you have to type in the numbers/letters as you see them, so that they know you're a real person trying to register and not a robot, LOL? Well, I have Never been able to see those!!! It's always blank to me! Does that help?
    ok cindy , drive down to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on second thoughts don,t drive ,,

we can all see your pages when we look at them .

go and check on another machine ,,,

maybe zone alarm is in leage with the devil.

freddy

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    Whilst still being deeply confus-ed by this entire topic .. on the above, I'll venture these two things :-

Java ? (get the sun version maybe)

Or there's 'this' hanging about in my 'fix it file' which I cunningly didn't label the source of (1st lines mine but I must have 'lifted' the rest)

Blank popups / not Java related -fix - re-register these dlls

1) Quit all running programs.
    2) Click Start, and then click Run.
    3) Type regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    4) When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll
    Msjava.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Browseui.dll
    Shell32.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    By the looks I nicked that from the KB ..

Maybe ?