Dll file problems

Thread: Dll file problems

Unhappy Dll file problems

I am having problems playing some of my sons games. I get something like missing required .DLL files. Someone else told me to download directx in top my comupter and I did and I still get this same message. What am I doing wrong? Where do I store them in my hard drive?

Please H

If you are missing DLL's from a program I would try reloading the original program over the top or uninstall and do a fresh install..

my kids lose dll's by using the good old delete button instead of uninstall and the shared files go ........
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

As Mayet says re-install, but otherwise the usual culprit with 95/98 is mscvrt.dll which contains a library of c calls for use in windows and usually lives in the windows directory, games have a bad habit of introducing their own version, which is specific for that game, this may not work with another game etc., this produces all the missing dll messages.

There are some 'newer'?? versions here
    <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q167158" target="_blank">MS support</a>

But I'd restore from the original system cd.

Same topic <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=003843" target="_blank">here</a> as well.
    Mods please close above URL.
    Note: To correct display problems, hold the "ALT"key and press"F4".

Angry Directx dll register problems

I continue to get directx problem messages despite reload direct x several times. I'm trying to play rainboy six etc.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by annamol
    I am having problems playing some of my sons games. I get something like missing required .DLL files. Someone else told me to download directx in top my comupter and I did and I still get this same message. What am I doing wrong? Where do I store them in my hard drive?

Please H
    The problem here may not be missing DLLs, but rather the wrong version(s) of DLLs. Re-installing an application rarely solves this problem. What you need to do in order to facilitate a fix is to find out exactly which DLL files are missing/corrupted.

Download an app called Dependency Walker from http://www.dependencywalker.com and use the Profile option to launch the .EXE file for your game. This will make troubleshooting the problem virtually foolproof, since any errors are automatically highlighted in red

Unhappy Delay Load module not found

Quote Originally Posted by NEPATEC
    The problem here may not be missing DLLs, but rather the wrong version(s) of DLLs. Re-installing an application rarely solves this problem. What you need to do in order to facilitate a fix is to find out exactly which DLL files are missing/corrupted.

Download an app called Dependency Walker from http://www.dependencywalker.com and use the Profile option to launch the .EXE file for your game. This will make troubleshooting the problem virtually foolproof, since any errors are automatically highlighted in red
    I used the app Dependency Walker and it located the missing module from the game that I am attempting to install and play. The actual warning that is highlighted in red is: At least one delay loading module not found -At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay load module.

How do I find these missing dll files? I tried reloading the game several times. can anyone help me?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by everready67
    I used the app Dependency Walker and it located the missing module from the game that I am attempting to install and play. The actual warning that is highlighted in red is: At least one delay loading module not found -At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay load module.

How do I find these missing dll files? I tried reloading the game several times. can anyone help me?
    Did you run a Profile on this or are you only looking at the dll dependencies?

If you haven't Profiled this, best to do so. You will find this option on the menu bar at the top of the app (just accept all the default values, without changing anything)

Also . . .

You can save the log as a .dwi file & email it to me at [email protected]. Once I get a look at the .dwi file, I'll have a better idea of what's missing.

-mike