Windows 98SE-Internet Explorer

Thread: Windows 98SE-Internet Explorer

Hybrid View

Question Windows 98SE-Internet Explorer

The administrator has turned off the ability to access the internet options in internet explorer and I need to change the Start Page back to its default. I can access a user account which allows me to edit the registry and I can use the pole editor. The public user account is the one affected and I can't make changes please advise how to bypass and make changes to home page. The normal home page is a public access home page dealing with necessary services and information. The default page is now a search engine "www.munky.com." The IT individual who came down has no idea how to fix it.
    Last edited by Rodtoo; March 26th, 2004 at 02:25 PM.

If your system has a policy on it, it is there for a reason. Instead of trying to circumvent it, why not contact your IT support, and ask them to change the homepage for you? If they wont because there is a home page there that is company policy, then you need to respect that policy. If your home page was changed by some mal-ware and you want to switch it back without anyone being the wiser, again, you need to bite the bullet, and contact your IT.

I am sure others will offer a solution, but you wont get one from me. Call it professional courtesy towards your net admin...If you were to justify your reasoning a bit more, that might make it more reasonable to help you. Right now you seem like a dangerous person, and I don’t want to condone that sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    If your system has a policy on it, it is there for a reason. Instead of trying to circumvent it, why not contact your IT support, and ask them to change the homepage for you? If they wont because there is a home page there that is company policy, then you need to respect that policy. If your home page was changed by some mal-ware and you want to switch it back without anyone being the wiser, again, you need to bite the bullet, and contact your IT.

I am sure others will offer a solution, but you wont get one from me. Call it professional courtesy towards your net admin...If you were to justify your reasoning a bit more, that might make it more reasonable to help you. Right now you seem like a dangerous person, and I don’t want to condone that sh!t.
    Whilst you have a point ... Billy Boy also has a kb on it, & maybe his system admin shouldn't let him have access to regedit etc if he's so 'bad', this is hardly 'crime of the centuary' & I can think of many reasons why he might ask this innocently .. so here's the link Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your Home Page Setting - Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 320159

Confus-ed, you're no fun. We could have had this guy begging!

Well, since the cats out of the bag, I will concede...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Confus-ed, you're no fun. We could have had this guy begging!

Well, since the cats out of the bag, I will concede...
    Oh so I was meant to toy with him a bit first ? I just thought it was someone who couldn't google !

Q106419 would have also worked. A bit extreme, perhaps, but at least it would've facilitated an "undo" on the start page