Help With Norton Ghost 2003

Thread: Help With Norton Ghost 2003

Help With Norton Ghost 2003

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'm desperate. Norton apparently updated their Norton Ghost 2003 and now I can't make an image file of my C drive (it worked fine until the update). I've tried all thier suggestions on thier support page without success. I'm trying to make an image of "C" on one drive and save it to "J" on another drive (like I have done several times before). Here's what happens. I launch Ghost, go through the initial setup process (I've tried both fast and high compression settings), and start the program. The computer reboots with PC DOS and Ghost starts. It starts to run for a few minutes then the screen goes blank and the computer locks up. I have to manually reset.
    I've tried defragging with both Norton and Diskeeper. Didn't help.. same problem. I've tried booting with a Norton Ghost boot disk.. same problem. What did they do in the update that is now causing Ghost to act this way and can I fix it.
    Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Mac

WinXP Home sp1, P-4 2.4gig, 1 gig ram, Norton System Works Pro. 2003

Don't know what caused your problem, possibly a corrupted update. I have the same 2003 Ghost and did the updates and them imaged my drive to cd-r's with no problem.

Looks like you have to start from scratch and uninstall Ghost. There are more steps involed than add/remove programs. IF you are comfortable with
    editing the registry here is a link on how to completely remove Ghost and then you can reinstall it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=bar_sch_nam

Ghost is a great program, but removing any of Symantecs programs involves a little effort.

Let us know how it goes.
    "Everybody needs a little help sometimes"

Thanks for the info. I may give it a try but I was actually thinking about uninstalling the whole Norton Systemworks 2003 Pro and reinstalling it but I just paid, on-line, to renew it. Is there a file in Norton that has the renewal info that I can save so that after I reinstall Systemworks I can "copy and paste" that "renewal" file so I won't have to pay to renew it again? Thanks for the help. Mac

Quote Originally Posted by eboyjones
    Don't know what caused your problem, possibly a corrupted update. I have the same 2003 Ghost and did the updates and them imaged my drive to cd-r's with no problem.

Looks like you have to start from scratch and uninstall Ghost. There are more steps involed than add/remove programs. IF you are comfortable with
    editing the registry here is a link on how to completely remove Ghost and then you can reinstall it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=bar_sch_nam

Ghost is a great program, but removing any of Symantecs programs involves a little effort.

Let us know how it goes.

The HD's in that machine are they SATA or IDE? Becausem I had that same issue but I was using SATA drives and with Norton '03 you need to do the update other wise it will lock up before it tries to ghost. I see your issue is alittle reversed. The update should had helped you! -Scott