CPU Usage 100%, slow computer, reappearing processes!?!?

Thread: CPU Usage 100%, slow computer, reappearing processes!?!?

Angry CPU Usage 100%, slow computer, reappearing processes!?!?

Hello, I have a 2.0 Pentium 4 with 80GB HD and 512 MB ram. My computer has been running fine for the past year, but this weekend it seemed to have caught a virus or something.
    I have been spending the last couple nights trying to solve the problem. I recently installed Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, but I think its scanning is slowed down by my computer.
    When I open up the Windows Task Manager, my CPU usage is always (since yesterday) 100%!!!! I then tried to look at the processes to look for what is sucking up my mem usage, and came across something very odd... When I sorted them from highest to lowest in "CPU" column, I see processes such as "TqFgN9.exe" , "Yco0b3.exe" , "Ozfgq88m.exe" , and "XxxohNxV.exe" . As soon as I end these processes (they usually take up about 80 CPU) they magically reappear a few seconds later! My CPU usage goes down to around 7% for that short time untill it comes back or another process takes its place. I tried searching for those files on my computer, but I could not find them, only a .pf file. What is that?
    I have been running Ad-aware for a few months now, and it hasn't caused me any problems. I ran it Friday night, and afterwards I noticed a significant decrease in system performance. It said it could not delete a certain .dll file, but that's all I can remember... Is it typical to see slower performance after running ad aware? I've restarted my computer a number of times.
    I installed spybot-S&D and ran it and it didnt seem to help at all.

Please help me!!! I miss my fast computer........

Hello,
    I have been having some similar problems. Check my post on the XP forum titled "Cycling Lockups". Some of the suggestions in there were really helpful.

Good luck!

Welcome to Windrivers tim0cruz!

Sounds like you have a case of Morze5.

Adaware can get it, but you need to run it in safe mode, having updated adaware definitions.

also follow the advice here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy Ran Adaware and Spybot...

Ok, so I ran adaware and spybot and both found alot of junk. Adaware found over 100 things and i got rid of them all, and spybot found only a handfull that I got rid of as well. However, I restarted my computer a few times and my CPU usage is still at 100%... So, I don't know what to do. When I ran Adaware, in order for it to keep running at a reasonable speed, I had to end the processes that would take up all the CPU, kinda like some demented horrible game, becuase they would keep coming back. Would this affect Adaware's detection of these processes? Also, what are the .pf files? They have the same name as the processes that keep eating up my CPU space. Also, whenever I try and do a virus scan, it is painfully slow since the usage is at 100%.... once again the only solution is to kill all the processes as they appear.... HELP PLEEZ!!!!!

How many processes do you have running amd which ones are using up the most CPU?

Once you can get your system slowed down, I would recommend www.blackviper.com for some tips on thinning out your system.

I just got finished going through the same nightmare you are, and the suggestions on system configuration helped a lot.