The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located

The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located

"The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" Just a heads up on this issue with XP repair installs. Some people report having to click OK dozens of times. I had the same issue just now but went to check with a Google. When I went back to the pc it was finishing the install after I had only clicked like three times. Seems XP needs to think about it for a couple minutes first and approve the OK. The issue has to do with repairing a SP1 install with the original and has to do with Media Player being "downgraded". Thought this might help others who have to do a search for this issue. In other words: click OK once, and then give it some time: walk away and have a cuppa or whatever. Then, all should be well. One of these days MS will have answered or fixed this problem.

EDIT:
    Since two months ago there have been other "solutions" found for this issue, so read on to the end or click here:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showpos...9&postcount=22

Further EDIT:
    For those who do not enjoy a "cuppa" or doubt this works, or, better yet, who don't feel like wasting anymore time with this, try this, which I already alluded to in the previous link:

1. Press Shift+F10 to open up a DOS box
    2. Type taskmgr.exe and press ENTER from the command line
    3. When the task mananger opens, select the Processes tab
    4. Select the unregmp2.exe and end it
    5. Click the Applications tab
    6. Select the error window and click End Task
    7. The window will close, you can exit your DOS box, and continue installation

Kudo's again to nihir of WINDRIVERS FORUM!!
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; September 26th, 2005 at 01:26 PM.

Thumbs up Just wanted you to know..........

You weren't wasting your time by sharing this information.
    Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" Just a heads up on this issue with XP repair installs. Some people report having to click OK dozens of times. I had the same issue just now but went to check with a Google. When I wentback to the pc it was finishing install after I had only click like three times. Seems XP needsto think about it for a couple minutes first and approve the OK. The issue has to do with repairing a SP1 install with the original and has to do withMedia Player being "downgraded". Thought this might help other who have to do a search for this issue.

Welcome to WD, Chron.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Chron
    You weren't wasting your time by sharing this information.
    Much appreciated.
    You are welcome. I knew it would show up on Google, and thought I might help.

Hey ... how can I say 'eternally grateful' over the Internet ... after spending most of the night and today (now 14.00 in France) ... I read yr mgs and 'had a cuppa' came back ... rebooted and .. Bob's your Uncle XP was back and running.
    THANKYOU ... thought I was going to have get the pro's involved.

As a btw there's variations of this too with different entry point info & running a repair, & its to do with incorrect file versions again, some times just note though there may be other causes, but don't investigate them until after your cuppa , as waiting doesn't always work but will in most cases {pressing 'yes' a zillion times [which gets mentioned on the net lots]is like waiting too} as I discovered having read every damn thread on the internet about it, when it happened to me

In my case the 'other' cause was a boot sector virus.

Thumbs up Woohoo.

Worked just like you said..

Tanky!

"The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" Just a heads up on this issue with XP repair installs. Some people report having to click OK dozens of times. I had the same issue just now but went to check with a Google. When I went back to the pc it was finishing the install after I had only clicked like three times. Seems XP needs to think about it for a couple minutes first and approve the OK. The issue has to do with repairing a SP1 install with the original and has to do withMedia Player being "downgraded". Thought this might help other who have to do a search for this issue. In other words: click OK once, and then give it some time: walk away and have a cuppa or whatever. Then, all should be well. One of these days MS will have answered or fixed this problem.

Welcome to Windrivers ScoobaSteve
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Damn: 2500 hits on this one.
    You'd think MS would have caught on by now that this is a problem and come up with at least an explanation.
    Also: sad how searchnig Google is oftentimes better at solving problems then MS's own search engine.

Talking Easy Solution for this problem

I have struggled for a long time after installing Window Media player. Outlook and the player would produce error message. Well, your trusty friend Nardo has an easy solution. Well, I don't...MS has it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Reboot and no more errors.

Thanks for the tip nard416 and welcome to windrivers!

One point though, the mdac should be part of windows updates, so if you are up to date with those, you should not need the mdac 2.8 update.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy still stuck

I appreciate your advice, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. I got a little further in the installation but I seem to have gotten stuck "registering components" with 13 minutes left. I still have the error message that you mention below up on the screen. Any additional help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

"The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" Just a heads up on this issue with XP repair installs. Some people report having to click OK dozens of times. I had the same issue just now but went to check with a Google. When I went back to the pc it was finishing the install after I had only clicked like three times. Seems XP needs to think about it for a couple minutes first and approve the OK. The issue has to do with repairing a SP1 install with the original and has to do withMedia Player being "downgraded". Thought this might help other who have to do a search for this issue. In other words: click OK once, and then give it some time: walk away and have a cuppa or whatever. Then, all should be well. One of these days MS will have answered or fixed this problem.

Welcome to WD Redhouse. Unfortunately, that is another issue entirely. Try rebooting and doing the repair again if it doesn't go away.
    When you say it "seems" stuck, what is it doing? How long have you waited?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHouse18
    I appreciate your advice, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. I got a little further in the installation but I seem to have gotten stuck "registering components" with 13 minutes left. I still have the error message that you mention below up on the screen. Any additional help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    i got stuck at exactly that same point, so i took the advice of hitting the OK a zillion times. Sometimes it disappeared for a second or two but came back, but i persisted and it eventually disappeared and continued downloading. just stick to it. doz

Smile

A cuppa tea wasn'tlong enough but a shower was! everything is golden, thanks for the advice.

mike

Welcome to WD Redhouse. Unfortunately, that is another issue entirely. Try rebooting and doing the repair again if it doesn't go away.
    When you say it "seems" stuck, what is it doing? How long have you waited?