The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located

Quote Originally Posted by rsumrak
    Yes i waited about 15 -30 minutes and nothing happened. I then hit constatnly for about 3-4 minutes and it went away.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    That's what I call dedication.
    Welcome to WD rsumrak.

Googled this tonight and this was the first place it sent me. Noos fix did the trick!

Thanks guys!(and gal )

upgrading to sp2

Had this same problem updating a friend’s laptop to SP2. The top of the box said "migrate.exe entry point not found" with the error message "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll" waited about 2 hours and the box never went a way and tried clicking it several hundred times with no effect. I got it to go away and finish installing SP2 by opening Windows media player 9.

Apparently she had never used WMP9 before, because it came up with the welcome/setup screen when I clicked on it. After setting up WMP the box disappeared for a few seconds came back, I clicked on it about 4 or 5 times and it went away for good and SP2 finished installing.

Get IUMS could not be located HELP PLEASE

A friend is having this error every single time she tries logging onto msn messenger 7.0.

The procedure entry point get IUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL

She has the newest msn messenger, as well as the newest msgplus, using xp home.

She is also using wmplayer 10 if that is of any help, but she doesn't receive any errors while running wmplayer. Errors only occur when she tries to log into msn messenger. She has to right click on the green icon, and choose *sign in* and then type in her password, then she gets the trillion or so boxes that she has to x out of every single time before it will allow her to sign on.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you!

Thumbs up Thanks you , it was very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll"
    EDIT:
    Since two months ago there have been other "solutions" found for this issue, so read on to the end or click here:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showpos...9&postcount=22

I try it out ans it work fine for me, so thanks again friend

Thumbs up Cause and Solution in a nutshell:

Since we are 2 light centuries behind the rest of the world, I didn't had internet at my new home (while studying). So I've been stuck with this error for a year. And I wasn't willing to format and start over! A 3 years installation of WinXP wasn't quite worth giving up.

The cause: "Repairing" (yea sure!) WinXP Pro by running the original installation. And the following with SP1, after the PC had been updated a few times before this repairing from the net...

Places it happend: When I tried to use Clipart from MS Word. Opening Win Media Player's music database. When trying to create database links in Visual Studio the next window wouldn't open. And finally installing SP2 (hoping it would FIX the problem). The window dissapeared with only one click and didn't reappear, exept for SP2 (I actually gave up hoped and cancelled the installation).

Solution: It took me awhile to get through all the posts but the link to http://www.dll-files.com/files/msdart.zip downloaded the fastest and by just copying the dll in the zip to \windows\system32\ fixed the problem instantly, not even needed a restart.

Thanks for a greate forum! (it was the first to pop up in google!)
    Last edited by Burning Waste; June 17th, 2005 at 05:54 PM.

I Need Help

1ST TIME I TRIED TO INSTALL MY GAME I GOT A MESSAGE SAYING IM MISSING A BINKW32.DLL FILE,SO I GOT DA FILE AND NOW I TRY TO RUN DA SETUP AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "the procedure entry point _binkdx9surfacetype@4" could not be located in the dynamic link library binkw32.dll" PLZZZZZZZZ HEELPPPP IF U NO ANYTTHINGGGGGGGGG,EVEN DA SLIGHTEST HINT WOOD BE NICE

Just wanted to thank everybody in this forum for there input. I copied the MSDART file, and it worked, no rebooting or anything. Thought I would lay it out step by step for people not to comfortable playing in the command prompt (like me!)

I downloaded the file from the link in a previous post:
    http://www.dll-files.com/files/msdart.zip

I have another computer, so I unzipped it, and moved the file msdart.dll to the A:\ drive. I had to rename the file MSDART.DLL for some reason (wouldn't work unless it was all CAPS)

I put the disk in the problem computer, and opened the command promt (by pushing 'Shift' and 'F10' at the same time)

Then I typed the following: (not what's in the brackets)
    cd\ (change directory)
    cd\ c:\windows\system32
    rename c:\windows\system32\MSDART.DLL MSDAR1.dll
    (this was to save a backup of the file)
    copy a:\MSDART.DLL c:\windows\system32\

Then I clicked Ok, and it worked. Now, I'm not really an expert in the command prompt, so if anybody wants to fix any errors I made, please feel free.
    Good luck everyone, I know that this was a real pain in the butt

rothmaniac

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes.

I keep getting an error message which reads

The procedure entry point@WriteJPEGToMemoryRGB@24 could not be located in the dynamic link library jpegdll.dll

I have no idea what this means at all. It happens when I click on an icon after I have installed a game on the pc.

What do I do??

Quote Originally Posted by Me--Me--Me
    Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes.

I keep getting an error message which reads

The procedure entry point@WriteJPEGToMemoryRGB@24 could not be located in the dynamic link library jpegdll.dll

I have no idea what this means at all. It happens when I click on an icon after I have installed a game on the pc.

What do I do??
    Err no, this error is not the same... but Welcome to Windrivers anyway! When do you get this message? it's part of a jpeg picture showing routine which is used in all kinds of programs.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for a succinct explanation

I've been at this game for a lot of years, and it's rare that the first Google search comes up with such a good suggestion for fixing a problem. Further, it's rare that the solution is to go start a pot of coffee and enjoy a cup. I was very skeptical ... I surely would've shut down the computer and restarted from scratch had it not been for this thread, but I came back to a completed installation. Thanks loads!

If you don't want a cuppa...

This will get rid of the pesky window straight away-
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_...n_tips503.html
    I'm off for a cuppa...

Quote Originally Posted by sparkling
    This will get rid of the pesky window straight away-
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_...n_tips503.html
    I'm off for a cuppa...
    He-he-he ..
    Props goes to nihir in the windrivers forum for the idea.
    But ta anyway & welcome to windrivers forums

This only works if the problem is getting caused by a later version of windows media player being present than that on your cd (& thinking about it, it also explains why this doesn't seem to happen consistently to techies, as most times I/they will be using a slipstreamed copy of windows with this sorted out, but most home users would be using their original cd), there's a lot of variations for this error, but this fix is often worth a shot..

This Kb relates

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    He-he-he ..

But ta anyway & welcome to windrivers forums
    Thanks for adding that -ed.
    Props goes to nihir in the windrivers forum for the idea.
    The best one is wormtowndj who writes:
    I've been at this game for a lot of years, and it's rare that the first Google search comes up with such a good suggestion for fixing a problem. Further, it's rare that the solution is to go start a pot of coffee and enjoy a cup. I was very skeptical ... I surely would've shut down the computer and restarted from scratch had it not been for this thread, but I came back to a completed installation. Thanks loads!
    I couldn't believe it either.
    That being said, perhaps it's time to update the original post again.

Thank you

I'm finding this post more than a year after it started and it was a great help. I clicked OK once and patiently waited (sans cafe). I did notice that the progress bar was moving slowly but surely along. The error message displayed the entire time. After about 20 minutes I noticed the progress bar had stopped. I tried clicking that error message again and found that a new error message was waiting. I clicked it and it went away (the old GetIUMS message returned). I was able to finish the install and just ignored/moved the GetIUMS error as needed. Thanks again!