Intelligence is a curse.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Intelligence is a curse.

Intelligence is a curse.

Intelligence is a curse. Ever notice (as a bright person) that people always tell you that you have been given a gift or maybe even a responsibility because of your high IQ?

Ever notice how you and other bright people constantly get flack about everything and anything that is not your fault while morons get a free pass on anything they have done wrong? WTF? From my personal experience, being born bright is the single biggest curse in the whole damned world.

Everyone wants something, NOW. You are held to the higher standard while others skate by with p!$$ poor efforts. You get to work hard in school to get a great IT job that winds up paying didly because morons flooded the job market with their non skills and devalued the positions offered so that highly skilled individuals now compete for lower salaries. You can’t get to be the “boss” because you might threaten the existing idiots who hold the other “boss” positions. You will have one or two kids to the 15 future criminals of America that Berl and Alma had in their doublewide.

Aurgh! How much does a lobotomy cost?

Banned
    Have you been talking to my coworker again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Have you been talking to my coworker again?

Nope, personal observation.

Internet Linebacker
    I like to be smarter than everyone else, but it does suck sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    ... From my personal experience, being born bright is the single biggest curse in the whole damned world...
    True, true.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Internet Linebacker
    All us smart people should just band together & take over the world. Like mensa did on the Simpsons that one time...

Banned
    "You can breed only once every 7 years... For most of you that will be much less breeding, for me...much, much more"

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    All us smart people should just band together & take over the world. Like mensa did on the Simpsons that one time...

We can't agree on the best type of corn chip on WD let alone who should be in charge. It'd be the same issue that the simpsons had with bright people doing the same things that they did.

"Larry Flint is right!"

Mod_King
    Intelligence is a curse. Ever notice (as a bright person) that people always tell you that you have been given a gift or maybe even a responsibility because of your high IQ?

Ever notice how you and other bright people constantly get flack about everything and anything that is not your fault while morons get a free pass on anything they have done wrong? WTF? From my personal experience, being born bright is the single biggest curse in the whole damned world.

Everyone wants something, NOW. You are held to the higher standard while others skate by with p!$$ poor efforts. You get to work hard in school to get a great IT job that winds up paying didly because morons flooded the job market with their non skills and devalued the positions offered so that highly skilled individuals now compete for lower salaries. You can’t get to be the “boss” because you might threaten the existing idiots who hold the other “boss” positions. You will have one or two kids to the 15 future criminals of America that Berl and Alma had in their doublewide.

Aurgh! How much does a lobotomy cost?

Yah. My IQue is lik 500 an i'm always gettin g yelled at and stuf.

Internet Linebacker
    We can't agree on the best type of corn chip on WD let alone who should be in charge. It'd be the same issue that the simpsons had with bright people doing the same things that they did.

Well, obviously I'd be in charge since it's my idea. The rest of you would be like my cabinet or the senate or something.

Well, obviously I'd be in charge since it's my idea. The rest of you would be like my cabinet or the senate or something.
    Can I be Vice President in Charge of Refurbished and Antiquated Technology?

Mod_King

I votes fo mega man here.

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Can I be Vice President in Charge of Refurbished and Antiquated Technology?
    Okay, I suppose. But I get the most chicks, with the biggest boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod King
    I votes fo mega man here.
    Careful now, that's Bass. Bass > megaman.

Point of order!

I'd like to be in charge please. I have several reforms that I'd like to enact.

For instance, If elected I'd petition to have conditions for the common man improved, which means you and I all get a new house, a kicka$$ PC and laptop and car for free. I'd also be a fair and balanced in my administration and I'd have a blue ribbon group monitor this independantly to keep us from having a conflict of interest that might make anything eneven at all for anyone, ever.