Outlook Express 6 and Attachments...

Thread: Outlook Express 6 and Attachments...

Outlook Express 6 and Attachments...

I'm just checking to see if anyone has seen this before. I have a customer that tried to open or save an attachment and the "Open" or "Save to Disk" windows doesn't appear. I already checked the setting under the security it tab that doesn't allow attachments, and it is not preventing then from opening.

Any ideas.
    "The labor's free, it's your attitude that costs $120.00 an hour."

BS:IT, CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP:EA, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Project+, CIW

That should be where the problem lies. What do you have set under "Security"? Try sending an attachment to yourself, and, has this just started happening? Does it happen on only this one message? What OS? etc....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by computron99
    I'm just checking to see if anyone has seen this before. I have a customer that tried to open or save an attachment and the "Open" or "Save to Disk" windows doesn't appear. I already checked the setting under the security it tab that doesn't allow attachments, and it is not preventing then from opening.

Any ideas.
    Yeah. Sounds like someone decided to disable the functionality to save files in OE. To un-do this, open regedit.exe, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express and delete the DWORD value named 'BlockExeAttachments' (or simply change the value of this from '1' to '0'. that'll also work)

Hope this helps,

Mike