A7N8X-X Audio Problems. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A7N8X-X Audio Problems.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rico
    If I understand you correctly - please refer to Atodini's post - the one where he gives a link to A7V8x-x - this link goes to a manual that gives an image of the default jumper settings to achieve audio using M/B jacks at rear. Though it is for the A7V not A7N, it is vertually the same.
    Hope it helps as much as it did for me...!
    Thanks Rico - thanks Atodini

(I DO feel like a bit of a dufus for not reading the whole thread properly!! the answer being there all along....)

anyway, problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by upnatom
    Thanks Rico - thanks Atodini

(I DO feel like a bit of a dufus for not reading the whole thread properly!! the answer being there all along....)

anyway, problem solved!
    No Prob, Atodini's the man....hey, once you have it all setup, turn up your volume, with nothing playing and tell me if you can hear your computer "thinking". Mine sounds like a droid hard at work all beeps and clicks - COMING THOROUGH THE SPEAKERS. I'm beginning to dislike this Mo/Bo...

Quote Originally Posted by rico
    No Prob, Atodini's the man....hey, once you have it all setup, turn up your volume, with nothing playing and tell me if you can hear your computer "thinking". Mine sounds like a droid hard at work all beeps and clicks - COMING THOROUGH THE SPEAKERS. I'm beginning to dislike this Mo/Bo...
    Rico - not getting any problem like the one you describe. everything is sweeeet now...(my little creative Inspire 2.1s are blowing the windows out of my living room)

I seem to recall that a recent bios update fixed a problem with crackling sound on this mobo...have you updated the bios recently?

Thumbs up Asus A7N8X-X manuals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Atodini
    Hi Neil, welcome to Windrivers!

The audio jumper block on these motherboards appears to give the option of EITHER front OR rear speaker sockets. We've deployed quite a few and I haven't yet found a combination of jumpers that will allow both. Nowadays we just don't connect the front audio out cables (leaving the jumpers on the mobo as factory set). (We also remove the socket from the case).

I did investigate deeper and to work, it really requires that the front sockets be arranged to switch when unplugged to replicate the factory jumpers - both the jumpers fitted being in series with each audio channel - remove one jumper & the rear audio disappears from that channel!

No cases we've had in recently have this facility.

The mic socket works as it should as this is a simple parallel connection.

Try replacing the factory jumpers & leaving the front socket disconnected. Both rear channels should then work correctly. If you need to plug in headphones occasionally, without haveing to furkle around at the back of the comp, most speakers these days have a headphone jack for that purpose.

John
    Nice one John --- your post led to the cause of my new box being dumb.
    Bought all the bits from down south and they said they wanted to assemble and test ???? No sound and what's left of the hair was given a rev.!
    The QF-50 A-Open case came with FP audio cable and non-switching sockets.
    I wonder how many they have done that way? No jumpers for this in the Oz manual, but the V manual from Asus (de) had the right stuff.
    Thanks to all.
    Terry

Unhappy Still looking for answers to this common problem

Hi,

I recently replaced my burned out M/B with an ASUS A7V8X-X, and now the on-board sound won't work.

I looked through this thread and tried the suggestions, but still no luck. The jumpers appear to be correct (they are aligned like page 1-18 of the manual suggests).

I have an Athlon 1800+
    I am running Windows ME
    I have tried updating drivers from the cd that came with the M/B and with drivers downloaded from the ASUS site.

What should I try now?

Thanks for any suggestions or guesses.

Audio problems_Asus_ASUS A7V8X-X

Hi Vanmind,
    Nothing concrete in your case, however, before I used the solution posted by John in this thread, I could hear (very faintly) the sounds initiated in the system if the master volume and the external speakers volume controls were max..
    This was probably due to random EM coupling in the motherboard.
    If 'system' sounds can't be heard under max. vol. settings on the external speakers, do these give the classic hum if you touch the tip/ring/sleeve plug for the green socket?
    Other sound sources (CD/DVD) were selected to digital/wave detection and processing and they were absolutley dead--- but the system could be heard faintly until the jumpers were installed.
    In my case, the BIOS and XP enumeration all stacked up OK -- just the jumpers or switching sockets needed.
    THC