A7N8X-X Audio Problems. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A7N8X-X Audio Problems.

If you go to page 1-18 in the manual all will become obvious.....

If you haven't got a manual then you can download one (in PDF format only) from

http://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/so...98_a7v8x-x.pdf

Without the jumpers in place on the front audio block you will have no audio...

Factory default is as illustrated in the manual.

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Atodini
    If you go to page 1-18 in the manual all will become obvious.....

If you haven't got a manual then you can download one (in PDF format only) from

http://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/so...98_a7v8x-x.pdf

Without the jumpers in place on the front audio block you will have no audio...

Factory default is as illustrated in the manual.

John

Well, that sounded nice in theory, but no no no....This is not a link to ASUS A7N8X-X, even though it looks curiously the same. And I have the manual, and like this example you've shard, nowhere does it show the factory defaults for these jumpers or does it show how to set up these jumpers to use the mic input as speaker output, as this board boasts it can do.
    Anyone else?

please confirm the make, model and revision of motherboard and the bios revision currently running.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by rico
    Well, that sounded nice in theory, but no no no....This is not a link to ASUS A7N8X-X, even though it looks curiously the same. And I have the manual, and like this example you've shard, nowhere does it show the factory defaults for these jumpers or does it show how to set up these jumpers to use the mic input as speaker output, as this board boasts it can do.
    Anyone else?
    Ah, well, actually, the link I posted for you, for the A7-V8X, not the N8X, was for the reason that it DOES show the factory defaults for the jumpers, which the N8X manual does not, though it's easy enough to work out where they have to go anyway, there only being two pairs of audio out pins, one for each channel.......

The 2 boards are incidentally, virtually identical by the way, differing only in the chipset used. (N for N-Force, V for Via).

The re-configuring of the line in as an extra (rear speakers) audio out is done with the software utility that comes with the mobo, not by jumpers.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius_17
    Just dissconected the FPA connectors and put the factory jumpers back where they were...

Thank you John! I can't believe I even sent my original motherboard back!

You have no idea how long I have waited to get my PC working properly!

Thanks again, Neil.

Where were the connectors originally - what are the factory defaults - and, as the board boasts, if I arrange these connectors differently, the mic can be an out, but I can't find documentation on what the set-up looks like (where the jumpers go)
    thanks

Ah, well, actually, the link I posted for you, for the A7-V8X, not the N8X, was for the reason that it DOES show the factory defaults for the jumpers, which the N8X manual does not, though it's easy enough to work out where they have to go anyway, there only being two pairs of audio out pins, one for each channel.......

The 2 boards are incidentally, virtually identical by the way, differing only in the chipset used. (N for N-Force, V for Via).

The re-configuring of the line in as an extra (rear speakers) audio out is done with the software utility that comes with the mobo, not by jumpers.

John

Thank-you! Hope this is leading the right way - Thanks again...You should have heard the dribble I was getting from ASUS techs - your advice sounds so much better - I'll let you know!

Thank-you! Hope this is leading the right way - Thanks again...You should have heard the dribble I was getting from ASUS techs - your advice sounds so much better - I'll let you know!
    Rico,

If you havn't got any jumpers on the front sound block, you must fit two as shown (in blue) on the manual I linked to you. Without the jumpers you will have no audio whatsoever.... If the jumpers are present, and you still have no audio (from the central light green socket), then your board could be faulty.

There should have been a small pack of blue jumpers included with the mobo.

The method of setting up surround sound is detailed in chapter 3 of the manuals.

Also, the front speaker out function only works with genuine Asus cases, which come with the correct moulded plug and switched sockets required. It will not work with generic cases......

I've deployed dozens of these boards, they're reliable and stable and the sound, when you get it working, is excellent.

After you get the sound working to your satisfaction, be sure to download and install the latest n-force driver pack, the one supplied on the mobo disc is well out of date

John

Rico,

If you havn't got any jumpers on the front sound block, you must fit two as shown (in blue) on the manual I linked to you. Without the jumpers you will have no audio whatsoever.... If the jumpers are present, and you still have no audio (from the central light green socket), then your board could be faulty.

There should have been a small pack of blue jumpers included with the mobo.

The method of setting up surround sound is detailed in chapter 3 of the manuals.

Also, the front speaker out function only works with genuine Asus cases, which come with the correct moulded plug and switched sockets required. It will not work with generic cases......

I've deployed dozens of these boards, they're reliable and stable and the sound, when you get it working, is excellent.

After you get the sound working to your satisfaction, be sure to download and install the latest n-force driver pack, the one supplied on the mobo disc is well out of date

John

John? You are the man!!!! I'm almost there....I have sound but still minor issues. In audio settings for one of my programs hardware acceleration is not aloud...any ideas?

John? You are the man!!!! I'm almost there....I have sound but still minor issues. In audio settings for one of my programs hardware acceleration is not aloud...any ideas?
    Hi Rico,

Never seen that problem so I guess it might be program specific...

What program is it? Someone here might know more!

John

Hi Rico,

Never seen that problem so I guess it might be program specific...

What program is it? Someone here might know more!

John

Actually, I must admit....its a game....Halo. When I was P3 with WinME, using same VIDCard as I am now, hardware accel. was great. Now I'm AMD2600, WinXP. When I load the game and it detects sound and video, it gives me minimal sound options...

hi

its not your motherboard,try looking at your wiring for your speakers, or your connection, it should be pluged into the green part of your audio.

reinstall directx by downloading the full package here and double clicking the downloaded file.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    reinstall directx by downloading the full package here and double clicking the downloaded file.

In the audio set-up for Halo two areas are greyed out and unavailable for options: Hardware Acceleration and Enviromental Sounds.
    I tried reinstalling DirectX, like you said, but didn't help. So I uninstalled Halo and tried to install it after I installed DX, but that didn't help.
    Sounds like crap without hardware acceleration....

hi,

I too am having a similar problem with my a7n8x-x....I can get sound OK when using the FPA connector, but nothing when I plug into the back (MB jack)..this is true even if the FPA cable is not connected to the MB.

I have seen this problem on a couple of forums now, and the solution appears to lie in jumper settings, but I haven't been able to determine which jumpers are involved and how they need to be set!!

can anyone clear this up for me??

many thanks
    adam

Quote Originally Posted by upnatom
    hi,

I too am having a similar problem with my a7n8x-x....I can get sound OK when using the FPA connector, but nothing when I plug into the back (MB jack)..this is true even if the FPA cable is not connected to the MB.

I have seen this problem on a couple of forums now, and the solution appears to lie in jumper settings, but I haven't been able to determine which jumpers are involved and how they need to be set!!

can anyone clear this up for me??

many thanks
    adam

If I understand you correctly - please refer to Atodini's post - the one where he gives a link to A7V8x-x - this link goes to a manual that gives an image of the default jumper settings to achieve audio using M/B jacks at rear. Though it is for the A7V not A7N, it is vertually the same.
    Hope it helps as much as it did for me...!