Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 144
Page 144 of 176 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    I think Carl helped him type all that up.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    I think this is the first page of reviews done by this guy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...=public&page=1
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

[QUOTE=Commander Klarg]Wow, you guys are busy when I'm not looking!

* bows to Cassie * Hi, I'm just another CoH fanatic, but most of my time is spent on the Virtue server, so I don't play with these guys much.

Hey hello you .... hehe good to know... I just write down your name's caracter... maybe someday we can play together and help you caracter go up
    Feared by Freaks and Rikti in Paragon City : They call her Tank Buster !

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Klarg, for me these days it looks like Thursdays and Fidays are good, but otherwise it's just a question of looking up my toons whenever.

The energy/energy idea is already a fav with my brother and I do believe WebHead's was also energy/energy. Best single target blaster around.

Whenever you have a chance, contact one of us to get your blapper into the PoW supergroup. I'll do the same with my level 6 katana/inv scrapper.

I know all too well the goodness that is Eng/Eng, my main Jet Flash is L33.5. The thing is, this character is based off of my very first superhero, Sky Ranger from the Marvel Super Heroes RPG. The problem is, this character would not have been classed as a Blaster, but a Scrapper that happened to have a ranged energy blast.

Jet Flash currently has all but 2 powers in the Eng primary,and only 3 in the Eng secondary (Power Thrust, Build Up, and Conserve Power). What my intention is with Sky Ranger is to reverse that. I plan on getting only Power Blast and Sniper Blast (and probably Aim) from the Primary, and then get most if not all of the powers in the secondary, as half of them are melee attacks.

I was kind of thinking Thursdays myself, as Friday tends to be TF night in my SG (League of Titans, Virtue server). In fact, I have my bubble defender in a Synapse TF tonight.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    ...Jet Flash currently has all but 2 powers in the Eng primary,and only 3 in the Eng secondary (Power Thrust, Build Up, and Conserve Power). What my intention is with Sky Ranger is to reverse that. I plan on getting only Power Blast and Sniper Blast (and probably Aim) from the Primary, and then get most if not all of the powers in the secondary, as half of them are melee attacks...
    Hope you like hospital food. You can sign up for their frequent visitor program right now if you want.

You'll have to go with the Fighting Pool and/or Leaping to get some defenses, no? I had the hardest time trying to find a way to get the game system to fit the ideas I had for my toon also.

It'll be cool to be able to have you join the rest of the WD lunatics on Protector whenever you can.

BTW, should I ask silencio for a teamspeak account for you now?

Hope you like hospital food. You can sign up for their frequent visitor program right now if you want.

You'll have to go with the Fighting Pool and/or Leaping to get some defenses, no? I had the hardest time trying to find a way to get the game system to fit the ideas I had for my toon also.

It'll be cool to be able to have you join the rest of the WD lunatics on Protector whenever you can.

When I get my old AMD 300 back, maybe I should setup a teamspeak server at my house to ease the responsibility off of Sil. You know, unless he likes the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    When I get my old AMD 300 back, maybe I should setup a teamspeak server at my house to ease the responsibility off of Sil. You know, unless he likes the attention.
    There may come a time when that option could become a reality.

For now, he has assured me that unless we start hogging all his bandwidth next year, penalizing the first priority use he wants to dedicate this server to, there should be no problem at all.

Actually he hasn't visited the hospital (yet). At L4 he took on a L6 Death Head Buckshot solo and won handily. I usually charge in after hitting Build Up, smacking the first baddie with Energy Punch, which on an even con minion is a one shot. I'll hit another with a Energy Blast, then hit the next with another EP. Throw in a Power Thrust / EB combo, and he is pretty dangerous. I tend to take the enemies down before they get a chance to do damage to me.

The character that went the longest without taking a dirt nap was my bubble defender, and that was a L12.

Jet Flash has the Fighting Pool for Tough, 5 slotted with SOs gives him 20% resist damage vs smashing/lethal. I fully intend to use the Fighting as well as the Concealment pool, and Fly.

Is Ghosts of War still in existance, or did you guys go to a new SG?

Edit: No on the Teamspeak, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    Actually he hasn't visited the hospital (yet). At L4 he took on a L6 Death Head Buckshot solo and won handily. I usually charge in after hitting Build Up, smacking the first baddie with Energy Punch, which on an even con minion is a one shot. I'll hit another with a Energy Blast, then hit the next with another EP. Throw in a Power Thrust / EB combo, and he is pretty dangerous. I tend to take the enemies down before they get a chance to do damage to me.

The character that went the longest without taking a dirt nap was my bubble defender, and that was a L12.

Jet Flash has the Fighting Pool for Tough, 5 slotted with SOs gives him 20% resist damage vs smashing/lethal. I fully intend to use the Fighting as well as the Concealment pool, and Fly.

Is Ghosts of War still in existance, or did you guys go to a new SG?

Edit: No on the Teamspeak, thanks.

Your tactics will change as you get higher level.

We are now the Phantoms Of War.

Members (not limited to)

Stalemate v.6 - adept
    Buzzerbeater - meatwad
    Carbonado - carb
    Aumakua - me
    Cassiopea - cassiopea
    Ajani
    4Points
    Raining Blood - webbie
    Miss Dynamo - me
    Bomb Jack - inept
    Fracas - adept

and others.

We are on a lot and always look for more WD folks and recently even a few more from elsewhere to round out the party.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers

Oh yes, I am under no illusion that he will not be a challenge to play to say the least. Here is my current plan:

Archetype: Blaster
    Primary Powers - Ranged : Energy Blast
    Secondary Powers - Support : Energy Manipulation
    Slot[01] Level 1 (Starting Primary) : Power Blast /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg
    Slot[02] Level 1 (Starting Secondary) : Power Thrust /Acc,Acc
    Slot[03] Level 2 : Energy Punch(B) /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg
    Slot[04] Level 4 : Build Up /Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg
    Slot[05] Level 6 : Combat Jumping /DefBuf
    Slot[06] Level 8 : Sniper Blast /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg
    Slot[07] Level 10 : Bone Smasher /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg
    Slot[08] Level 12 : Boxing /Acc
    Slot[09] Level 14 : Super Jump /Jump
    Slot[10] Level 16 : Tough /DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes
    Slot[11] Level 18 : Conserve Power /Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg
    Slot[12] Level 20 : Acrobatics /EndRdx
    Slot[13] Level 22 : Stun(B) /Acc,Acc,Rchg,Dsrnt
    Slot[14] Level 24 : Weave /EndRdx
    Slot[15] Level 26 : Stealth /EndRdx,DefBuf,DefBuf,DefBuf
    Slot[16] Level 28 : Invisibility /EndRdx
    Slot[17] Level 30 : Phase Shift /EndRdx
    Slot[18] Level 32 : Swift /Run
    Slot[19] Level 35 : Health /Heal,Heal,Heal,Heal,Heal,Heal
    Slot[20] Level 38 : Total Focus /Acc,Dsrnt,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg
    Slot[21] Level 41 : Stamina /EndRec,/EndRec,/EndRec,/EndRec,/EndRec,/EndRec,
    Slot[22] Level 44 : Personal Force Field /DefBuf,/DefBuf,/DefBuf,/DefBuf,/DefBuf,/DefBuf,
    Slot[23] Level 47 : Temporary Invulnerability /DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes
    Slot[24] Level 49 : Unstoppable /DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes

He's gonna rock at L50, but getting there will be a very hard journey, to say the least.

Looks like I'll make the TF afterall. I was too f***ing stupid to log on to Royal Vegas instead of just opening the software and I missed the registration while I was in the bathroom.

Everyone leveled just about. Not a on of XP even though it was good. I got 3 bars total...

Hey guys. Great TF on friday. My toon was able to get to lvl 34 because of it. Amazingly, with all the bosses we battled, not many deaths... if any?!??!?! I don't remember. Also, got my littlest toon to lvl 8 with the help of Hog Slopper (aka Buzzerbeater) this weekend. Getting kinda hooked on playin' the blaster. The last thing I need is to get sucked into another toon. Like I don't enough time online already. Good fun all around though.

On a completely different note, I actually got 2 job offers last friday afternoon. So it looks like I'll be working at a small consulting firm that is growing. Very excited about that. My future isn't so foggy now. I'll look for you guys tonight. Later!
    Last edited by Carbonado; December 6th, 2004 at 03:02 PM.
    Me fail english, that's unpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers

We are now the Phantoms Of War.

Members (not limited to)

Stalemate v.6 - adept
    Buzzerbeater - meatwad
    Carbonado - carb
    Aumakua - me
    Cassiopea - cassiopea
    Ajani
    4Points
    Raining Blood - webbie
    Miss Dynamo - me
    Bomb Jack - inept
    Fracas - adept

and others.

We are on a lot and always look for more WD folks and recently even a few more from elsewhere to round out the party.
    Consider me on the IR list. As I mentioned to Adept via PM (or another thread? I forget),.. one of the main reasons I haven't been playing is due to horrendous eye strain I was experiencing while playing. Towards the end, I just played waaaay too much and too often and I don't kknow if I was damaging my retinas or not with that big giant 19" TFT glaring right at me. It scared me a little actually (the thought of going blind) and made me lose my desire to play. There are other reasons too, but that is the main one. I might be back early next year depending on how this eye issue goes. We'll see. But until then,.. good luck to you guys.
    Hello World

Hey Wrrby, using an LCD is much, much less damaging for the eyes than a CRT. Planning on getting a 19 incher myself for my next PC next year.

I've been sick these last days and spent just a little time on CoH. It's been fun though. Got Fracas to 17, EvilGrimace to 11, a d e p t to 8, and fooled around with a spines/regen scrapper on Freedom up to level 5 this morning.

Protector kept slapping me off, so I thought I'd try another server closer to home. A lot of French people on Freedom Fries.