Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 147
Page 147 of 176 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

I'm gonna try bringing Carb over to the test server soon. Now where I can I get the info and tools to do that?
    Me fail english, that's unpossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    I'm gonna try bringing Carb over to the test server soon. Now where I can I get the info and tools to do that?
    Hold on... looking now...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Character Copy Tool - Training Room

Here you go:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...fpart=1#661540

Be prepared for a looooooong download if you've never used the test server before.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Adept, can you point me to where that info is about invunerability info is on the CoH forum? Thanks!
    Straight from Statesman's mouth... her... keyboard:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...v=#Post1851428

Bold highlights are mine.

Click the link to read the comments.

Based on feedback and data from the Training Room server, here's some new stuff coming down the pike in the next couple of days (at least on the Training Room!):

Invulnerability/Unyielding Stance has been renamed to "Unyielding". It no longer makes you Immobile and offers resistance to Immobilization. It is no longer Mutually Exclusive with Temp Invulnerability, however, it comes with a Defense debuff. Slightly increased its End Cost.

Increased the Duration and Recharge time of Unstoppable. Improved its Mez resistance. (You can no longer keep Unstoppable on permanently, but it will now last for 200 seconds.)

Decreased the Accuracy and Defense buff of Invincibility. Defense bonus is now against melee attacks only.

Improved Stone Armor/Granite Armor Mez resistance.

Stone Armor/Granite movement speed penalty was slightly reduced and its Endurance cost was reduced. Cannot be active at the same time as other Armors in this set, Super Speed, Sprint, Hover, Fly, or Group Fly. Slightly increased recharge time.

Added Toxic Damage resistance to Granite Armor.

Fiery Armor/Plasma Shield now grants protection to Sleep and Hold.

Fiery Armor/Burn no longer grants protection from Sleep and Hold.

Fiery Armor/Fire Shield now also gives you protection from Disorient effects.

Fiery Armor/Healing Flames no longer gives you protection from Disorient effects.

Fiery Armor/Rise of the Phoenix now also Disorients nearby foes. This Auto Hits foes but can be resisted by foes. Also, Rise of the Phoenix will leave you invulnerable for a brief while after your resurrect.

Add resistance to Slow to Energy Absorption and Wet Ice.

Dark Armors/Soul Transfer now also disorients drained targets. This Auto Hits foes but can be resisted by foes. Also, Soul Transfer will leave you invulnerable for a brief while after your resurrect.

Improved Dark Armors/Obsidian Shield resistance to Mez effects.

Regeneration/Integration and Instant Healing are no longer Mutually Exclusive. (Integration will retain its +regeneration buff)

Reduced Regeneration/Integration Endurance Cost.
    Regeneration/Instant Healing Max Regeneration buff was slightly reduced. Additionally, it gains less of a boost from each added Enhancements.

You can no longer be healed while you have on Regeneration/Moment of Glory. However, your HP reduction is less (you will be left with 25% of your Max HP).

Boost Defense Buff for Moment of Glory.

Improved Regeneration/Moment of Glory Mez resistance.

As a rule, top end resistance powers like Moment of Glory, Unstoppable and Granite Armor will offer nearly complete Mez Protection. Lower level mez protection powers like Unyielding, Obsidian Shield, etc (pretty much all other Scrapper and Tanker mez protection powers), will have lesser resistance at first, but will improve with level. These powers will reach similar resistances around level 35 for Tankers, and 45 for Scrappers.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I got a co-worker who dropped his CoH for WoW and is looking to get rid of his copy. If anyone wants to buy it let me know and I'll find out how much he wants.
    For the heck of it find out .
    Thanks
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Here you go:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...fpart=1#661540

Be prepared for a looooooong download if you've never used the test server before.
    Thanks for all the info!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDad
    For the heck of it find out .
    Thanks
    Can you feeeeeeeel the loooooooooooove tonight?

That's just about as much Elton John as I can stomach at any given time, but you get the point.

Thanks for all the info!
    My pleasure. Still need to read it all myself.

Thanks go out to Aumakua, Carbonado, Great Gazooo and also to Aurell and Mr. FreezerMiser for helping Fracas get to level 19 last night. Almost 2 complete levels in one sitting. OK, it was almost a 6-hour sitting, but still. He's gone from 14 to 19 in the 5 times I took him out these last days.

Controllers truly had a chance to show off their stuff last night. Honestly, I only started participating once my original SK buddy left and I could dish out more than 1-2 pts of damage to the bad guys whenever I could actually hit.

This was one of the odd times when "official" damage dealers such as scrappers (Carb) and blasters (I) were not the stars of the show.
    Last edited by a d e p t; December 8th, 2004 at 09:24 AM.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    I think I might check out my Inv/SS tanker (Titanium Girl) on the Test Server tonight, and then come visit you guys. How does that sound?
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

I'm transferring the latest version of Stalemate there now - downloaded the new stuff for the Training Room last night.

He should be named Stalemate v.8, if the naming scheme holds true to form.

I wish there could have been time to try out the Keldian stuff too... only lasts until today I think.

I've copied all my toons over to the test server. I should be able to take a look see tonight. See what its like. Oh the joy of testing out beta software

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I got a co-worker who dropped his CoH for WoW and is looking to get rid of his copy. If anyone wants to buy it let me know and I'll find out how much he wants.
    Believe it or not, since hes used it, it can't be used again.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I'm transferring the latest version of Stalemate there now - downloaded the new stuff for the Training Room last night.

He should be named Stalemate v.8, if the naming scheme holds true to form.

I wish there could have been time to try out the Keldian stuff too... only lasts until today I think.
    I was on last night (couldn't sleep) and the knockback effects on there are assininely goofy. I tried out bonfire and it freakin sucks ***.

I think smoke is coming back unless I get super speed instead (fun).

So is everyone thoroughly unhappy with the new issue? Will we all have to move to WoW? Will these questions ever be answered??!?!??!?!?

The fact that we'll be getting a "Christmas" respec makes the nerf pill (so to speak) easier to swallow for Stalemate, but what I see now is even though the damage output has been increased slightly, endurance use will go up for a few Invulnerability powers, and more slots will have to be spent on defense instead of offense, putting him right back where he was before damage-wise (OK by me).

Trade-offs now would be with Unyielding instead of Unstoppable, Dull Pain might give way to Temporary Invulnerability, while Invincibility and Tough Hide would probably require 6-slots now instead of the 3 currently in them, not to mention the passive Resists too.

If I can drop a secondary powerset energy melee attack I *might* be able to put him back on track as to my plans for him, but we'll have to see after much testing and experimenting. Provoke will be traded for the new version of tanker Taunt. Hopefully this will be enough, 'cuz that's all I can see that can be done right now.

Herding will become pretty much a distant memory with the proposde changes...

Ranged attacks will be more likely to drop him too.
    Last edited by a d e p t; December 8th, 2004 at 03:48 PM.

I've copied all my toons over to the test server. I should be able to take a look see tonight. See what its like. Oh the joy of testing out beta software
    Add Stalemate v.8 to your lists and we'll hook up when/if I can make it.