Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 148
Page 148 of 176 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

The more I read about the proposed changes - which sounded real cool at first glance - the more I see tankers being funneled into choosing exact and specific powers if they hope to survive ingame. Not much leeway for original design options.

And here I was thinking it was bad before with either the perma-Unstoppable or Unyielding Stance/Teleport routes being "it" in the way of paths to choose from for the Invulnerability primary powerset.

I have to try all this out for myself...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Mine only does 60 and 75. I have it set to 75. However,.. If I install that new Nvidia driver, maybe I can override to 85. Hmmm,.. interesting. Anywhoo,.. I played Spider-Man 2 on XBox last night for like 2 hours on the TV. Zero eye problems. I sit on that computer (and only that computer) for 2 hours and the veins are popping out of my eyes. I don't understand it. There's no flicker at all so it can't be that. I'm tellin ya,.. that monitor I got is the devil.

TV is not interlaced like PC monitors that have a refresh rate. Often times the refresh rate is limited the further you push up the resolution. Most 17" monitors will support 85hz at 1024x768 but only 75hz at 1152x864 and only 60 at 1280x960 (if they even support that). A 19" monitor (new) should support 85hz at 1280x960. Update the driver and see if it makes a difference.

Further, you will never see the flicker from a monitor (well, you kinda can but you don't really). The flicker is too fast for the eye to see. Trust me on this. I swapped my monitor out to a new NEC 19" Diamondtrom and upped the refresh to 85hz and my eyes feel a ton better that when I was looking at my old monitor.

Quick question ILTU.

Is 1280x960 considered "native resolution" or is 1280x1024, either for LCD or CRT?

I have my CRT set at 1280x1024, which could explain the distortion/fussiness if 960 is considered "normal".

Refresh is 85Hz.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    The more I read about the proposed changes - which sounded real cool at first glance - the more I see tankers being funneled into choosing exact and specific powers if they hope to survive ingame. Not much leeway for original design options.

And here I was thinking it was bad before with either the perma-Unstoppable or Unyielding Stance/Teleport routes being "it" in the way of paths to choose from for the Invulnerability primary powerset.

I have to try all this out for myself...

OK, nerfs eat ***. The end. I was so mad when they nerfed smoke that I ditched it and now, I'm gonna get it again prolly.

Now also realize that they are increasing the damage output for tankers too. Your max damage will no longer be limited to 65%. This could be a big boon to stalemate once you figure out how to capatalize on it.

Quick question ILTU.

Is 1280x960 considered "native resolution" or is 1280x1024, either for LCD or CRT?

I have my CRT set at 1280x1024, which could explain the distortion/fussiness if 960 is considered "normal".

Refresh is 85Hz.

I don't know. I do know that the "optimal" resolution is what your monitor likes. My monitor is 1280x1024 optimal. I think I should have written that out with 1280x1024 in it over the x960.

With fuzzyness, the best thing to do is to try different resolutions and refresh rates to see if it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    OK, nerfs eat ***. The end. I was so mad when they nerfed smoke that I ditched it and now, I'm gonna get it again prolly.

Now also realize that they are increasing the damage output for tankers too. Your max damage will no longer be limited to 65%. This could be a big boon to stalemate once you figure out how to capatalize on it.

Doubtfull it will have any real change in overall DPS (damage per second):

The fact that we'll be getting a "Christmas" respec makes the nerf pill (so to speak) easier to swallow for Stalemate, but what I see now is even though the damage output has been increased slightly, endurance use will go up for a few Invulnerability powers, and more slots will have to be spent on defense instead of offense, putting him right back where he was before damage-wise (OK by me).

Trade-offs now would be with Unyielding instead of Unstoppable, Dull Pain might give way to Temporary Invulnerability, while Invincibility and Tough Hide would probably require 6-slots now instead of the 3 currently in them, not to mention the passive Resists too.

If I can drop a secondary powerset energy melee attack I *might* be able to put him back on track as to my plans for him, but we'll have to see after much testing and experimenting. Provoke will be traded for the new version of tanker Taunt. Hopefully this will be enough, 'cuz that's all I can see that can be done right now.

Herding will become pretty much a distant memory with the proposed changes...

Ranged attacks will be more likely to drop him too.

I should talk less and test more.

I don't know. I do know that the "optimal" resolution is what your monitor likes. My monitor is 1280x1024 optimal. I think I should have written that out with 1280x1024 in it over the x960.

With fuzzyness, the best thing to do is to try different resolutions and refresh rates to see if it goes away.
    Will try it and report later.

Doubtfull it will have any real change in overall DPS (damage per second):

I should talk less and test more.

Looks like the respec may still be needed. Test it and see though.

Looks like the respec may still be needed. Test it and see though.
    I think it would be necessary anyhow just for the switch from the Power Pool Provoke (soon to be Challenge?) to the new Tanker Taunt.

TTYL.

So I'm testing all of Aum's stuff he can get last night and todasy.

Bonfire - OMG stupid. Might be useful in a hallway, otherwise worthless.

Repulsion bomb - worthless.

Repulsion field - Might be useful if it was slotted to hit because things would get knocked back as they get near me. But mele is not my main enemy now that all baddies do massive distance damage. I.E. - worthless.

Phase shift - I have inviso and a personal force field - not worthwhile. Real end sucker too.

Smoke - good ol smoke and the 5% acc debuff on the enemy and stealth capabilities it onveys. It's a contender.

Super speed - FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Guess which one I'm getting, cause I don't know.

I was self indulgent. Got SS. I feel like I need a seatbelt.

At respec I'm ditching flurry and grabbing smoke again.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Some comments for ILTU

Smoke: if it was the same thing as the Blaster Device Secondary Smoke Grenade, it was not nerfed, it was fixed. That power was so broken.

Phase Shift: I personally love this one. Has saved my Blaster's bacon several times already.

Super-Speed: I concur, I have a scrapper with SS and you get spoiled by the speed. Switching to a low level toon with no travel powers is almost unbearable.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    I went to test, and apparently the Invulnerability changes aren't in yet. I read the post again and saw that it was coming in a few days, not that it was in place.

On a side note, it was fun playing with you guys last night!
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Klarg
    I went to test, and apparently the Invulnerability changes aren't in yet. I read the post again and saw that it was coming in a few days, not that it was in place.

On a side note, it was fun playing with you guys last night!
    Drats.

That means me and Carb were just lame when we took on those Devouring Earths...

I like my excuse - hum, explanation better for why we both died easily.

I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this.

Oh yeah, a d e p t is level 11 now.

The Stargazers SG helped him out a bit.