Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 103
Page 103 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I think the only thing Roger Wilco tranmitted properly was Wrrby's cold to me.

I feel like crap.

Crap that has been left outside overnight, stepped in, scraped up, and for unknown reason, microwaved at high for 30 minutes.

Exactly like that.
    Yeah. That's how I feel. Roger Wilco was able to transmit my cold over the internet? Wow,.. Roger Wilco is amazing!
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Yeah. That's how I feel. Roger Wilco was able to transmit my cold over the internet? Wow,.. Roger Wilco is a load of dingo's kidneys!
    You got that right.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I'm curious. Were you allowed to respec again?
    Sadly no. Apparently you only get one respec per TF. I'll have to wait til the next respec in the 30s some time.

Hey Carb, that really sucks about the job situation. But you seem to know your stuff real well so I have tons of faith that you'll have no problem finding something else. Just keep your chin up, stay positive and you'll be fine.

As for my germs being transmitted over Roger Wilco and infecting thousands of Windrivers IT techs,.. I see meatwad got the germs too. Hehe. I will crush you all with my germs!! Bwhahahahahaha!!!
    Hello World

Meatwad is infected with salmonella, not the flu.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Meatwad is infected with salmonella, not the flu.
    I'm about to infect you with the back of my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I'm about to infect you with the back of my hand.
    Doh!

That wasn't very nice.
    Hello World

if you guys visit teh test server, look up B.RAINSTORM..that'll be me yes
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

You'll notice I dropped Temp Invul completely, as Invincibility and Unstoppable are more than enough (carefully slotted) to carry Stalemate over the 90% damage resistance cap with the passives 2-slotted.

That is, if the damage even gets through with Tough Hide, Combat Jump and possibly Acrobatics to go through first.

I didn't want to make an "aggro anchor" by using Unyielding Stance and TP. This build is highly mobile, quick, resistant and with Superspeed/Superjump, quite the mover.

I suggest you slot Rchg on your Fire Imps instead. This way you can generate more of them and have 2-3 times as many imps available and beating stuff up for more damage per second than a single batch for less overall damage.

Check out Fanceai's comment here: http://www.rpgexpert.com/3047.html

Also, I wonder if Flurry fits Aumakua... were you just looking for another attack to fill in while waiting for cycling to complete?
    What I was thinking was with hasten always on it's better than the recharge reducers and it leaves the imps free for 6 SO DMG or 1ACC and 5 DMG or 1 Recharge, 5 DMG. Flurry when 6 slotted (according to warcry) can do up to 200 points of damage in a hit. My holds and the like would all cycle at a sick rate and I'd be able to do the following after recharging from bubbling people assuming hasten is always on and my end holds out:

Stealth, imps, dispersion bubble, cinders, fire rings, flashfire, fire rings. Rinse and repeat and throw in flurry a lot if I'm solo and a little if in a group.

I have the idea of using flurry came to me as I had a similar temporary power that made playing so much more fun for me. Just standing there a lot of the time is kind of dull. You guys get to hit and do damage but I just run away a lot and can never solo. The other thing is that I’d like the imps to be available as often as possible so I can get a huge # of them out at once so I can just sit back and watch them overwhelm the enemy.

I’m getting to the point as a controller where I can become devastating IF I do it right. Besides, if it sucks I still have all my controller powers to fall back on and still get to be a decent controller. I’d just love to be able to go solo when no one is on instead of glomming on to other people’s teams and getting committed to something while you guys all come on later or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    I'm in the NYC Metro-area.
    Sorry then. Knew of some stuff in Baltimore area (maybe) for work on Cisco and they would probably be looking for MS server support as well.

I heard team TP is gay. It's just like regular TP but everyone comes with you. Enough people tag along and your endurance dries up real fast. I already run out of end when TPing in IP, and I have two end reducing SOs on it!

Now that I have stamina - I can cross IP almost with 1 SO end reducer. I can get well past a mile before end drain becomes an issue and I refill so fast that I don't need to run for long while recharging.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Doh!

That wasn't very nice.
    That's because he's rotten to the core!

That's because he's rotten to the core!
    BACK OF THE HAND!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    ...I have the idea of using flurry came to me as I had a similar temporary power that made playing so much more fun for me. Just standing there a lot of the time is kind of dull. You guys get to hit and do damage but I just run away a lot and can never solo. The other thing is that I’d like the imps to be available as often as possible so I can get a huge # of them out at once so I can just sit back and watch them overwhelm the enemy.

I’m getting to the point as a controller where I can become devastating IF I do it right. Besides, if it sucks I still have all my controller powers to fall back on and still get to be a decent controller. I’d just love to be able to go solo when no one is on instead of glomming on to other people’s teams and getting committed to something while you guys all come on later or something.

Now that I have stamina - I can cross IP almost with 1 SO end reducer. I can get well past a mile before end drain becomes an issue and I refill so fast that I don't need to run for long while recharging.
    I feel your pain dude.

I really do.

Been there.

Maybe we should crunch some numbers and see which method would be most efficient when the imps are available. I know Fatespinner with his pets has a whole clan running around. Maybe he could offer his opinion about that.

BTW, that TP now seems like it's actually challenging my SJ as fastest travel power.

Need to get superspeed!
    Last edited by a d e p t; October 26th, 2004 at 04:05 PM.

BACK OF THE HAND!
    The quarter pounder back of the hand, or just the usual run of the mill one?

The quarter pounder back of the hand, or just the usual run of the mill one?
    Can't we all just get along!?!?!?!?

I feel your pain dude.

I really do.

Been there.

Maybe we should crunch some numbers and see which method would be most efficient when the imps are available. I know Fatespinner with his pets has a whole clan running around. Maybe he could offer his opinion about that.

BTW, that TP now seems like it's actually challenging my SJ as fastest travel power.

Need to get superspeed!
    Yeah,.. I heard that TP is fastest with SS second and SJ third in terms of fastest overall travel ability.

I'm kinda liking SS when used parallel with Fly. Once you get used to running into stuff and know what to look for, it's not bad. VERY fast for sure and no end reduction.
    Hello World