Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 128
Page 128 of 176 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Pats are playing KC tonight on Monday Night Football. Chances are pretty slim you'll be seeing me tonight.

np. see u later tomorrow then.

BTW - I'm gone from friday to sunday. going to be sporadic around those times too due to holidays and family and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    no. nya nya.

You sadistic bastid.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    So you are saying that you have other interests besides CoH... whatever! Of course I can completely write off this season, being a Dolphins fan and all.
    Ouch! Words cannot express my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Ouch! Words cannot express my sympathy.
    In the words of the legendary artist Gloria Gainer, "I will survive!" Granted, I will have nothing to do until I'm forced to drink my despair away while watching the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t

You sadistic bastid.
    Thwpppptt....

You big meanie.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

You big meanie.

Yeah yeah...

I'm scrwing around right now so look for me when you get on. I had to call out sick this morning, felt like teh doo doo...

Well, inept's "instant death" devouring earth mission was interesting.

I've never seen a mission where all the mobs are +2 to the PC and where every single foe can "sleep/mez/root/freeze/stun/disorient/fart you to death" like that. Can't wait to solo it when I get it later.

As an aside, I spoke with Ajani a bit afterwards and asked him if his wife would be interested in joining our SG. It appeared like he was actually planning on this a bit in the sense that he wanted her, serina (sp?, the illusions controller on the team last night) to experience our team in person when he asked us to invite her in last night.

If anyone has any objections to me inviting her into the SG, let me know quickly.

Silencio has opened a TS account for Ajani, so I'll give that to him and invite his wife in the coming days.

That mission was brutal.... damn the debt! What I really hated was that at one point I was actually trying to get outta death's way, and I was surrounded by like 15 guys (not to mention those damn dirty monkeys), and I just couldn't run outta the grouping. Grrrrrrrrr! Anyway, most likely tomorrow I'll be able to get rid of some of the debt. Tonight, unlikely.

I went out and did the Mark IV mission so I could buy from him in Founder's Falls afterwards. There is like a 3K bonus at the end of the easy mission, FYI.

BTW guys, it just occured to me that we should think about expanding the SG's borders a bit. We could keep WinDrivers members as being the only ones with Invite privileges, but make it available for any player characters (PCs) which pass muster with the the entire "committee".

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonado
    That mission was brutal.... damn the debt! What I really hated was that at one point I was actually trying to get outta death's way, and I was surrounded by like 15 guys (not to mention those damn dirty monkeys), and I just couldn't run outta the grouping. Grrrrrrrrr! Anyway, most likely tomorrow I'll be able to get rid of some of the debt. Tonight, unlikely.

Jump over em. Serriously, how much are they getting in the way? I was with another scrapper earlier in the day and he was complaining about all the imps we had out too.

I was getting lag once we engaged the baddies due to all the freakin attacks they generated and them doubling in number somehow.

I went out and did the Mark IV mission so I could buy from him in Founder's Falls afterwards. There is like a 3K bonus at the end of the easy mission, FYI.

BTW guys, it just occured to me that we should think about expanding the SG's borders a bit. We could keep WinDrivers members as being the only ones with Invite privileges, but make it available for any player characters (PCs) which pass muster with the the entire "committee".

I think this is a good idea. We need some new blood just to fill gaps now and again. A dedicated healer would be a real groove too.

btw guys, any mission where the team will be 6+ members is supposed to have +2 baddies in it...i remember reading that on a CoH forum...so what we experienced was normal due to the size of the team (and appropriate for my lv). i solo these missions, because there is just the occasional LT, and most minions are all same lv, and +1 lv with no bosses, at least not when i solo (unless its a particular arrest whatshisname mission)

but honestly, most of those deaths were caused by our own carelessness i think. we're so used to just breezing thru that it has become instinct to jump in the crowd and expect them to bend over n take it. we are going to have to play with a certain amount of tactics from now on when we do these missions to keep the death toll at its lowest.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Well, inept's "instant death" devouring earth mission was interesting.

I've never seen a mission where all the mobs are +2 to the PC and where every single foe can "sleep/mez/root/freeze/stun/disorient/fart you to death" like that. Can't wait to solo it when I get it later.

As an aside, I spoke with Ajani a bit afterwards and asked him if his wife would be interested in joining our SG. It appeared like he was actually planning on this a bit in the sense that he wanted her, serina (sp?, the illusions controller on the team last night) to experience our team in person when he asked us to invite her in last night.

If anyone has any objections to me inviting her into the SG, let me know quickly.

Silencio has opened a TS account for Ajani, so I'll give that to him and invite his wife in the coming days.

I have no problem with her. We just need to get in sync with her and her powerset and get her to understand that you don't inviso Stalemate or Carbonado so they can grab aggro.

I think that a second controller with pets will be useful later on, esp when she gets phantasm. Did anyone see her second powerset? She mostly hung back and let her pets do their job and popped inviso on us.

They are both pretty quiet but Ajani does buff a lot and really keeps up doing his job which is very important. And with the speed boost and hasten my powers are cycling nicely and my endurance is unending.

SB rocks, always has, i used nova twice in the same battle, now thats recovery, and he told he hasn't even slotted it with end recovery enhancements...imagine.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    btw guys, any mission where the team will be 6+ members is supposed to have +2 baddies in it...i remember reading that on a CoH forum...so what we experienced was normal due to the size of the team (and appropriate for my lv). i solo these missions, because there is just the occasional LT, and most minions are all same lv, and +1 lv with no bosses, at least not when i solo (unless its a particular arrest whatshisname mission)

but honestly, most of those deaths were caused by our own carelessness i think. we're so used to just breezing thru that it has become instinct to jump in the crowd and expect them to bend over n take it. we are going to have to play with a certain amount of tactics from now on when we do these missions to keep the death toll at its lowest.

Bingo.

I have to learn not to rush in. I do it because everyone else rushes in unbuffed and I feel the need to go try and hold the enemy and they just aggro the **** out of me and boom I'm dead.

I also use my holds a lot of the time that Stale is trying to herd guys. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's premature.

In tough fights I think we should do exactily this:

1. Wait for buffs.
    2. Stale goes in, aggro's, Carb waits behind or stays right next to Stale.
    3. Stale calls for all to come in/snipe and or for holds.

All snipes should target the baddies that mez or sleep 1st. All snipers should target their controllers 1st as they are what kills us. I think that from now on, Stalemate should call the battle order and calls who to snipe. He's the boss and we all listen to him, if that's OK with all of you.

Also, we need to begin stocking strength of will. Stale will use them before entering battle so he can tank without getting mezzed. Once the snipers clear the enemy controllers we are in the clear.