Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 175
Page 175 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Man, I haven't played COH in so long.

I had a level 20 elec/elec blaster named DeusExMachina (with cape)

also had a level 14 super strength tanker named Dark Guyver (gotta love super jump)

And then some minor characters from level 4-8 I think.

I've wanted to get back into it, but dunno if I really will. I kinda gave it up for World of Warcraft long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    ...Good for the coalition, that a member was able to help uncover the culprit.

He was told that this might even be eligible for the elusive "Bug Hunter" badge.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ensabahnur
    Man, I haven't played COH in so long.

I had a level 20 elec/elec blaster named DeusExMachina (with cape)

also had a level 14 super strength tanker named Dark Guyver (gotta love super jump)

And then some minor characters from level 4-8 I think.

I've wanted to get back into it, but dunno if I really will. I kinda gave it up for World of Warcraft long ago...

If you do, be sure to give us a holler, especially if you are on the Protector or Victory servers.

The game has changed a lot throughout the Issues released, so that might throw you for a spin if/when you come back to Paragon City, but the fight for good is worth it.

I was never into fantasy/medieval gaming myself, so even if WoW has the better reputation for gameplay, I still prefer CoH when it comes to character creation and style.

I can't wait for the space content...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Buenos dias, Senor Stalemate! When will you give in to the dark side and try CoV? Yes, they are the bad guys, but their costumes are way cooler!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

I tried City of Villains beta for a while, I really enjoyed it (even more than COH).

The classes that are able to summon pets/minions are really powerful in PVE, and the costume choices are simply awesome. I guess I do prefer being a villain overall.

Yes, the Master Mind class is my favorite. I tend to solo with my toons, so having built-in henchmen is a very big plus for me. However, I can not let go of my heroes, for there is that part of me which always wanted to bash the baddies and save the civvies from the clutches of evil-doers.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

I actually just started the 14 day trials on both COH and COV, hehe.

I got myself a sonic/energy blaster named Nitrosonic on Protector server. Reached level 14 with him tonight and picked up super speed, man is it fast! I figured i'd try it out since it was the only travel power I never took.

I'm hoping to reactivate my account sometime soon, it's good to be playing a bit again.

I have way too many toons, especially with both CoH and CoV. I just can't resist making more of them!

Any way, I have a Claw/Regen Scrapper (CoH) called Uber Savage and a Fire/Fire Brute (CoV) called Pyro Daemon on Protector. I only have two because Protector is being used primarily by my son Logan. My primary servers are Champion, mostly heroes, and Liberty, mostly villains.

At any rate, we'll see you around Paragon City.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    Buenos dias, Senor Stalemate! When will you give in to the dark side and try CoV? Yes, they are the bad guys, but their costumes are way cooler!
    Hey, I missed your comment there.

Short answer: "never".

The long answer can be found in our SG website somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate
    Hey, I missed your comment there.

Short answer: "never".

The long answer can be found in our SG website somewhere...
    Well, now that CoH and CoV have access to the same costume choices, the playing field has been leveled. No longer will the Villains enjoy the Dapper/Coutourier advantage. No longer will the Dark Side be able to lure the innocent into its foul grasp with really cool fashions and sparkley bling. Excelsior!

Bwa ha ha! Bring on the Ritki!

Three of the boys have started playing more actively and we have family Hero and Villain Super Groups. I am luring them away from WoW and Eve and into the CoH and CoV reality. On Champions we are the Aberdeen Pub Crawlers (Heroes) and on Liberty we are the Evil Cheese of Doom (Villains). See you all around!

Issue 13 is coming in the next few days (new powers: shields and pain domination), and the following issue will bring in user-created content creation (mission architect).

Originally these were intended to be brought all out together (with some existing power changes, more missions, etc.) but was split due to the testing involved.

I know it's not the same game but any of you play Warhammer Online? If so anyone on Azazel on Destruction side?
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed COH when i played it, but not being able to access the U.S. servers sucked so much I gave it up.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak View Post
    I was surprised how much I enjoyed COH when i played it, but not being able to access the U.S. servers sucked so much I gave it up.

You missed the opportunity to use the Server Transfers?