Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 23
Page 23 of 176 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

adept and i were wondering if some would like to to task force 2nite? any one interested?
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    adept and i were wondering if some would like to to task force 2nite? any one interested?
    ^bump^

Anyone at all?

I mean, who knows when the next time I can pull an all-nighter will be?

==============================

On a different topic, I need input for my 14th level power. I still have not chosen it, although I did level up.

Here is what Stalemate v.6 (tech tanker) already has:

Inherent powers
    Brawl
    Sprint
    Rest

Primary Power Set
    Resist Physical Damage
    Temporary Invulnerability
    Resist Elements

Secondary Power Set
    Barrage
    Energy Punch
    Bone Smasher

Pool Powers
    Assault (damage bonus to all team members)
    Hurdle

What options are available now for level 14:

Resist energies (Primary)
    -Tempting, very tempting.

Dull Pain (Primary)
    -Meh.

Unyelding Stance (Primary)
    -Not really interested right now, but maybe later

Taunt (Secondary)
    -Not interested at all.

Pool Powers
    -1 chosen in each already: Leadership and Fitness. My aim was to get Stamina from the Fitness Pool, but to do so I require either Swift or Health by level 20. Since I fumbled my initial pool choices, I will be left without a "transportation" power (Super Speed, Teleport, Flight or Super Jump) by that time, since Pool Powers are maxed out at 4.

The dilemma is, Stamina is almost mandatory for me, draining end like I do when the action starts. That means I either have to get Swift or Health now or by level 20. Resist Energies is also something I want/need.

What power do you more experienced types think I should go for first, considering I want to get into some Task Force action tonight?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Not sure. Depends on if I'm going to my buddy's house for the Pats game or not. If I'm home I might do it, but we'd have to start around 8 est for me to guarantee I'd finish.

Inept and I probably will not be on much before 9:30-10PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    ^bump^

Anyone at all?

I mean, who knows when the next time I can pull an all-nighter will be?

==============================

On a different topic, I need input for my 14th level power. I still have not chosen it, although I did level up.

Here is what Stalemate v.6 (tech tanker) already has:

Inherent powers
    Brawl
    Sprint
    Rest

Primary Power Set
    Resist Physical Damage
    Temporary Invulnerability
    Resist Elements

Secondary Power Set
    Barrage
    Energy Punch
    Bone Smasher

Pool Powers
    Assault (damage bonus to all team members)
    Hurdle

What options are available now for level 14:

Resist energies (Primary)
    -Tempting, very tempting.

Dull Pain (Primary)
    -Meh.

Unyelding Stance (Primary)
    -Not really interested right now, but maybe later

Taunt (Secondary)
    -Not interested at all.

Pool Powers
    -1 chosen in each already: Leadership and Fitness. My aim was to get Stamina from the Fitness Pool, but to do so I require either Swift or Health by level 20. Since I fumbled my initial pool choices, I will be left without a "transportation" power (Super Speed, Teleport, Flight or Super Jump) by that time, since Pool Powers are maxed out at 4.

The dilemma is, Stamina is almost mandatory for me, draining end like I do when the action starts. That means I either have to get Swift or Health now or by level 20. Resist Energies is also something I want/need.

What power do you more experienced types think I should go for first, considering I want to get into some Task Force action tonight?
    did you include end reducers in your enhancements? they do good by me so far
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

did you include end reducers in your enhancements? they do good by me so far
    Yeah, even using a DO on one, but... I still wan to reduce the drain further so I can keep being useful on longer melee bouts - hence the desire to aim for Stamina at level 20.

I think I might just go with Resist Energy (Primary) or Swift (Pool) for now, and the other at either level 16 or 18.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Been using Hero Planner 1.55 to see what's best, and I'm at the crossroads now between the 2 I mentioned above.

Yeah, even using a DO on one, but... I still wan to reduce the drain further so I can keep being useful on longer melee bouts - hence the desire to aim for Stamina at level 20.

I think I might just go with Resist Energy (Primary) or Swift (Pool) for now, and the other at either level 16 or 18.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Been using Hero Planner 1.55 to see what's best, and I'm at the crossroads now between the 2 I mentioned above.
    You can use the same type of enhancer in two slots for the same power.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    You can use the same type of enhancer in two slots for the same power.
    Yup. Been doing that (mostly with damage and defense), and it does add up better than just combining.

I'll slot the energy melee further to bring down the end cost even further as the odd numbered levels come.

Are you suggesting I opt for another Power Pool instead of Fitness then?

What would you propose?

I will be on tonight starting at around 6pm-7pm pst. I want in on that TF action.
    Hello World

You'll still be there by about 10PM?

Based on my strategy guide book,.. it says to build your powers in the order of accuracy, damage, endurance. You need to be able to hit the villain, you need to be able to do damage, and you need to have endurance while you execute is the order of that thinking. You also have to consider if you are an offensive or defensive tanker (or other character). If you are offensive (melee) and plan on much melee attack, then you should build your powers accordingly. You will expect to drain end faster but keep good health. A defensive (aggro, heal) tanker might drain health faster than endurance based on the design of char powers.

Personally,.. based on my experience,.. it's pointless to spend all your dough on DO's until you hit the lvl 20-21 mark. It might be cool to know you have it, but it doesn't make that much noticable difference. Once you get to the higher lvls, you don't get too many training enhancements anyway. Patience is key here.

So based on that, get the highest training enhancements you can buy and build them up to ++'s. So like if you are lvl 13 with all 15++'s, then you are doing very well. Meanwhile save your money through lvl 16 and 17 and keep using the 15++'s. Then at 18, buy all lvl 20 enhancements. Repeat cycle. Does that make sense? If a high level enhancement happens to drop, then use it. For instance if you are lvl 14, you have lvl 15++ enhancements and a lvl 18 training enhancement drops. So you get rid of the 15++ and take the 18. But if you have lvl 15++ and a lvl 16 drops,.. keep the 15++ because it's actually going to be more powerful than the 16. (this is all in the book).

Also,.. always sell, sell, sell so you can later have enough influence to purchase what you need. Also,.. keep your inspirations tray full of what you need (CoB's, etc.)

Anyway,.. see you peeps tonight.
    Hello World

You'll still be there by about 10PM?
    Yeah. I'm planning on a play-till-I-fall-asleep type of thing tonight. I really want to get 15 for the name change and the additional enhancement spots, and then maybe at least close in on 16 so I can soon get that "Super Jump" travel power.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Based on my strategy guide book,.. it says to build your powers in the order of accuracy, damage, endurance. You need to be able to hit the villain, you need to be able to do damage, and you need to have endurance while you execute is the order of that thinking. You also have to consider if you are an offensive or defensive tanker (or other character). If you are offensive (melee) and plan on much melee attack, then you should build your powers accordingly. You will expect to drain end faster but keep good health. A defensive (aggro, heal) tanker might drain health faster than endurance based on the design of char powers.

Personally,.. based on my experience,.. it's pointless to spend all your dough on DO's until you hit the lvl 20-21 mark. It might be cool to know you have it, but it doesn't make that much noticable difference. Once you get to the higher lvls, you don't get too many training enhancements anyway. Patience is key here.

So based on that, get the highest training enhancements you can buy and build them up to ++'s. So like if you are lvl 13 with all 15++'s, then you are doing very well. Meanwhile save your money through lvl 16 and 17 and keep using the 15++'s. Then at 18, buy all lvl 20 enhancements. Repeat cycle. Does that make sense? If a high level enhancement happens to drop, then use it. For instance if you are lvl 14, you have lvl 15++ enhancements and a lvl 18 training enhancement drops. So you get rid of the 15++ and take the 18. But if you have lvl 15++ and a lvl 16 drops,.. keep the 15++ because it's actually going to be more powerful than the 16. (this is all in the book).

Also,.. always sell, sell, sell so you can later have enough influence to purchase what you need. Also,.. keep your inspirations tray full of what you need (CoB's, etc.)

Anyway,.. see you peeps tonight.
    Thanks for the tips - they pretty much confirm they way I've been going with enhancements and combining.

As for the ++ status, that's pretty much all my enhancements at this point.

I wonder though, when you combine a 15++ with a 16, giving you a 16+, does that actually do anything apart from freeing up a slot either in your inventory or your power's slot bar?

Also, any recommendations on powers for my level 14?

...AND, is the guide worth the purchase?

Thanks for the tips - they pretty much confirm they way I've been going with enhancements and combining.

As for the ++ status, that's pretty much all my enhancements at this point.

I wonder though, when you combine a 15++ with a 16, giving you a 16+, does that actually do anything apart from freeing up a slot either in your inventory or your power's slot bar?

Also, any recommendations on powers for my level 14?

...AND, is the guide worth the purchase?
    ++ is always better than plus. If there is like a 4 lvl difference, then go with the higher level for sure. And yeah,.. the book is waaaay worth the purchase. At least I think so. It's helped me a lot. I actually keep it handy while I play.
    Hello World

I was under the impression - after reading up on enhancement combining - that the + referred to the effective level the enhancement was operating at.

A 15++ or a 16+ would both then be equivalent to a 17.

I'm guessing that's not what you understood then?

I'm leaving for now, but I'll check back in before CoH time.

Thanks for your tips d00d.