Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 176 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Website looks good.

I have a bunch of screenshots I want to post but Verizon has taken their web site creator down for maintenance. Anyone want an e-mail with some screen shots so you can host them?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    Website looks good.

I have a bunch of screenshots I want to post but Verizon has taken their web site creator down for maintenance. Anyone want an e-mail with some screen shots so you can host them?
    I could do that.

Do you mind if I edit them a bit for size, if I need to?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

had a good ol' time last night also. even went up a lv afterwards just hanging around and sniping. cool trick i learned, find a bunch of helions with a shocker, snipe him from far and finish the job when he gets closer good xp, no worries, but only works for the blaster with the snipe after that you just move on over to the next one. easy pickin' for those without a group at that moment.

on another note, it would be cool if we could have a low lv group also, like a training group for the SG, wher we could bring up some new characters the GoW boot camp
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

i think the shockers are outcasts tho sry. by the way, lv 12 now, on my way to 30
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Anyone have any more info about "Respec" and Terra Volta missions? Any details at all would be appreciated.

I could think of a few unwise power decisions I made with Stalemate that I'd like to undo...

Hey bro, your idea is not all bad. Maybe we could just start up an entirely different SG though - so as to not confuse the groups and allow less experienced character and/or users to feel more comfortable.

"Specters of War"? "Ghosts of Minor Altercation"?

As it stands, a few people have lower level characters (I also want to try another archetype) which have a harder time travelling with higher level charaters - so that might be one solution.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

can't get a damn original thought at all, but i'm extremely talented at improving others

we could also have one for those who keep dying: the War Amps

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    Website looks good.

I can host them too if you guys want. Might be easier to have them all on one site. I have a screenshots section up there. Just no link yet. Or if Adept hosts them,.. then perhaps I can just link to that. Either way,.. screenshots are a must for this site.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    had a good ol' time last night also. even went up a lv afterwards just hanging around and sniping. cool trick i learned, find a bunch of helions with a shocker, snipe him from far and finish the job when he gets closer good xp, no worries, but only works for the blaster with the snipe after that you just move on over to the next one. easy pickin' for those without a group at that moment.

on another note, it would be cool if we could have a low lv group also, like a training group for the SG, wher we could bring up some new characters the GoW boot camp
    I like the GoW boot camp idea. I have a low level character I'm working on. I would've been on last night with him, but I was working on the site. I did pop in for a bit as Jamez. But Jamez can't get xp very quickly unless he's on a team.
    Hello World

To be perfectly honest,.. I love the SG and I think things are going well. But if I had to do it over again,.. I would've started the whole thing with a different character. This Jamez character is soooo slow to gain xp. I'm almost looking at this whole thing as a learning experience now and there's so many things I would've done differently. And the 'Epts Bros. idea of a second SG might not be a bad idea. Perhaps GoW could be the boot camp, and we could come up with a new SG as the 1337 SG. Thoughts? Comments? Discuss?

Here's an idea: You work you character from ground up to lvl 15ish. Once you hit 15 you quit the GoW SG and get invited to the 1337 SG. That way you have one SG for "getting your feet wet" and then the other one is for just plain kick azz. We could even have them on different servers. Maybe GoW could be on Protector and then the new one could be on like Justice or something. Anyway,.. just some thoughts to sling around.
    Last edited by WebHead; August 17th, 2004 at 01:52 PM.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    To be perfectly honest,.. I love the SG and I think things are going well. But if I had to do it over again,.. I would've started the whole thing with a different character. This Jamez character is soooo slow to gain xp. I'm almost looking at this whole thing as a learning experience now and there's so many things I would've done differently. And the 'Epts Bros. idea of a second SG might not be a bad idea. Perhaps GoW could be the boot camp, and we could come up with a new SG as the 1337 SG. Thoughts? Comments? Discuss?

Here's an idea: You work you character from ground up to lvl 15ish. Once you hit 15 you quit the GoW SG and get invited to the 1337 SG. That way you have one SG for "getting your feet wet" and then the other one is for just plain kick azz. We could even have them on different servers. Maybe GoW could be on Protector and then the new one could be on like Justice or something. Anyway,.. just some thoughts to sling around.
    Kind of like the Teen Titans or New Mutants? Phantoms of War could be the next step up.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Kind of like the Teen Titans or New Mutants? Phantoms of War could be the next step up.
    What do they call the non-regular members in the Avengers again?

I created Stalemate and brought him up specifically to lvl 15 so that he could be an asset to the players already involved on Protector, so switching the "higher up" SG to another server would make that choice... well...

I propose we keep the "Phantoms of War" SG on Protector also, while keeping open the option to explore other characters on other servers with other SGs as we deem useful.

We could specify a set level where "graduates" of the apprenctice Sg could apply for membership in PoW (like it already ).

I also suggest that the colour scheme remain with black as primary for this nest group, with whatever secondary colour (amber?).

Of course, this entire thing means that the website will have to be modified...

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I can host them too if you guys want. Might be easier to have them all on one site. I have a screenshots section up there. Just no link yet. Or if Adept hosts them,.. then perhaps I can just link to that. Either way,.. screenshots are a must for this site.
    Better idea if you take them, of course, if they're going to be rotated and displayed on the official site.

I thought he may have wanted to display them here, at WD, in this thread, so I offered.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Anyone have any more info about "Respec" and Terra Volta missions? Any details at all would be appreciated.

I could think of a few unwise power decisions I made with Stalemate that I'd like to undo...
    ^bump^

Anyone?

I'm just looking to know how that would work out.

And who wants to hang out on Protector tonight?

There is villainy afoot, and it must be stopped!

What do they call the non-regular members in the Avengers again?

I created Stalemate and brought him up specifically to lvl 15 so that he could be an asset to the players already involved on Protector, so switching the "higher up" SG to another server would make that choice... well...

I propose we keep the "Phantoms of War" SG on Protector also, while keeping open the option to explore other characters on other servers with other SGs as we deem useful.

We could specify a set level where "graduates" of the apprenctice Sg could apply for membership in PoW (like it already ).

I also suggest that the colour scheme remain with black as primary for this nest group, with whatever secondary colour (amber?).

Of course, this entire thing means that the website will have to be modified...
    You're absolutely right,.. lets keep it on Protector (duh,.. what was I thinking? Hehe).

Yeah,.. the idea of "graduating" is very appealing.

As far as the site goes,.. the home page could start out with the SG names. You could click on whichever SG you are interested to check out. I would just have to rename it,.. but then again, how hard is it to rename a folder?

Phantoms of War sounds cool. WOuld have a really cool acronym too. POW! Cool!

Black is always good mixed with another color. Lets just stay away from the hot pinks and purples yeah?
    Hello World

^bump^

Anyone?

I'm just looking to know how that would work out.

And who wants to hang out on Protector tonight?

There is villainy afoot, and it must be stopped!
    Terra Volta? What lvl you at again?
    Hello World