Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 54
Page 54 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    So who has suit guys, what are there archtypes and what level are they. I need to create Boxy, but I want to make sure I fit the theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    .... The ... supergroup would be comprised of characters which correspond to the following criteria:
    • Costume must be a suit, preferably coloured in earth tones, ideally black. Think "Hitman" and you've got a pretty good idea what the look should be. Faces should be relatively natural.
    • Character must be between 7 and 8 feet tall.
    • Archetypes are left to the player's imagination, although the theme would be better suited for natural, science and tech. Blaster would be advised to take Devices as a secondary power set.
    That's pretty much it, really. ...

Mine is a Dark Miasma/Dark Blast Defender - EvilGrimace, 7.

WebHead's is an Ice/Ice blaster - Freddy Freezer, 9 or 10.

Inept's is an Assault Rifle/Devices blaster - Avenging Judge, 9 or 10.

Diver's I can't quite recall at the moment... blaster - Missionary Man, 8.
    Last edited by a d e p t; September 14th, 2004 at 02:02 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Mine is a Dark Miasma/Dark Blast Defender - EvilGrimace, 7.

WebHead's is an Ice/Ice blaster - Freddy Freeze, 9 or 10.

Inept's is an Assault Rifle/Devices blaster - Avenging Judge, 9 or 10.

Diver's I can't quite recall at the moment... - Missionary Man, unsure what level.
    I am a Magic Blaster, almost lvl9 atm.
    W

Freddy Freezer <--- there is an "r" at the end for Friend List purposes.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by Diver01
    I am a Magic Blaster, almost lvl9 atm.
    AR?

Fire?

Ice?

Energy?

Radiation?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Freddy Freezer <--- there is an "r" at the end for Friend List purposes.
    Will change that.

Sorry.

so the SG is up. settled for Justice perSuit. the only problem i could find with the name was that my bro liked it, too bad tho
    colors are obviously black and pearlish white and i'll leave the motto for you guys to discover lol.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Will change that.

Sorry.
    Yeah! You better be sorry! Thats the last time you better let THAT happen!! You know,... you're just lucky Inepts post is in the way,.. or my avatar would climb up there and give your avatar a peice of my mind about that!
    Hello World

How about now?

You just have to climb down off your high horse a bit and get yours.

Beeotch.

Going on Protector now.

Oh yeah? Well I'll be leaving work in about 5-10 minutes which means I'll be on CoH by around 6pm pst. So there!
    Hello World

What the heck does this mean?

09/14/04

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM STATESMAN

" Fellow heroes, disturbing information has come to light. Thanks to the hard work by the Federal Bureau of Super Powered Affairs and the Portal Corporation, we have discovered an odd energy signature throughout Paragon City. Researchers believe that this aetheric energy appears to be building towards a climax at some point in the near future. We believe that this will occur over the next several days. All heroes should be on the look out for anything strange in the city on those days. Be on guard; this does not bode well for our metropolis."

I decided between force bolt and stealth after getting on the test server. force bolt does 3, countem 3 points of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers

09/14/04

" Fellow heroes, disturbing information has come to light. Thanks to the hard work by the Federal Bureau of Super Powered Affairs and the Portal Corporation, we have discovered an odd energy signature throughout Paragon City. Researchers believe that this aetheric energy appears to be building towards a climax at some point in the near future. We believe that this will occur over the next several days. All heroes should be on the look out for anything strange in the city on those days. Be on guard; this does not bode well for our metropolis."
    So uh,.. eh? I think Statesman is trippin. And who the heck are these Feds anyway? I never saw them anywhere. I will believe that a strange energy has been afflicting heroes though. Not sure it it's related to what he's talking about, but I keep thinking RB is catching diseases during missions. It's really weird. And I think it had something to do with me not being able to hit Sorcs earlier. Sometimes I was on fire and other times I was a complete miss. And not like normal hit/miss,.. like it was going in waves or something.
    Hello World

I decided between force bolt and stealth after getting on the test server. force bolt does 3, countem 3 points of damage.
    Cool. Maybe it wasn't built for damage. Does it do knockback or have any holding abilities? What exactly does it do? Each power has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

(time for Wrbby to bust out the book and do some research on this)

[edit]
    Yeah just checked the book,.. it's all about knockback (very high) dude. Slot it up with an accuracy, a resist end reduct, and a knockback and u'll be stylin.
    Last edited by WebHead; September 15th, 2004 at 12:11 AM.
    Hello World

09/14/04

Paving the way for Issue 2?

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Cool. Maybe it wasn't built for damage. Does it do knockback or have any holding abilities? What exactly does it do? Each power has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

(time for Wrbby to bust out the book and do some research on this)

[edit]
    Yeah just checked the book,.. it's all about knockback (very high) dude. Slot it up with an accuracy, a resist end reduct, and a knockback and u'll be stylin.

I'm not getting it, it sucks. Knockback is alright at best and the baddies just get right up again anyway. I picked hot feet instead which slows the enemy all around me in a circle.

I also blew a nice chunk of the 300,000 inf that I had on SO's for a lot of my powers so I'm well below 100,000 now. Dispersion (big) bubble now has an SO for defense and so do the rest of my bubbles. I also put SO end reducers into all of my powers that drain me and some ACC mods on powers that need to roll to hit before they effect the enemy. Finaly I was able to get a DO for smoke.

Paving the way for Issue 2?
    Prolly. I was thinking that maybe they might be doing a global event as well. It'd be cool if they did some things and changed baddies on us and or had tons of lower level roaming baddies or some new baddies pop up and attack gathering points on a timed basis.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; September 15th, 2004 at 08:09 AM.