Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 66
Page 66 of 176 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

1. Devices secondary powers are still very useful even after the changes
    2. Roentgen Girl looks fine like that.
    3. Diver01, that's just a bad case of Murphy's Law in effect.
    4. It was great fun and hunting last night, even if I would prefer to keep the teams like inept's SG - suits only.
    5. Freddy Freezer and Rock Box were really into roleplaying last night. That was cool.
    6. Sly Trickster is a punk beeotch who will have to watch out for me now. I should have done the same to him before he quit.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Sly Trickster is a punk

7. I thought teleportation would require confirmation with Issue 2?
    8. There is no item #8
    9. I'm adding Trickster to all my toons' lists so I can team up with him again. No one messes with the Suits.
    10. My 9800 Pro rocks.
    Last edited by a d e p t; September 19th, 2004 at 10:15 AM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    6. Sly Trickster is a punk beeotch who will have to watch out for me now. I should have done the same to him before he quit.
    What I miss?
    W

as his name implies. he TPed EE-vil into some bad hydras, just before quitting of course. i think it may be a serious case of suit envy
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Not everyone can pull off that classy executive look like we can. I wone der if Trickster ever tried to pick up his own teeth with a broken arm while tumbling down an elevator shaft?

I barely escaped the hydras, but at least the suit is not damaged. Gotta love those unstable molecules Reed Richards came up with for superhero costumes.

I wonder if broadcasting Trickster's punk-bitchiness did anything?

We should do it some more, just to be sure.

Well so much for the freakin patch that fixed all teh hold, sleep issues. Right after a server reboot, I take a mission, go head to head with a boss..

hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hohold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,ld,hold, hold, holhold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,d,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold.

Then I died

I am now more than 6K in debt after having died more times than I care to remember.

W

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    as his name implies. he TPed EE-vil into some bad hydras, just before quitting of course. i think it may be a serious case of suit envy
    Wrbby warned you guys about this. I prefer to play only with toons that i know and trust. There are some cowardly malicious punks out there and we should stay clear of them because they are trouble.

Anyway,.. I think you DO need confirmation for TP (I've had to confirm it). I think you need to go into your options and set it.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by Diver01
    Well so much for the freakin patch that fixed all teh hold, sleep issues. Right after a server reboot, I take a mission, go head to head with a boss..

hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hohold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,ld,hold, hold, holhold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,d,hold, hold, hold, hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold,hold, hold, hold.

Then I died

I am now more than 6K in debt after having died more times than I care to remember.

For Bosses that can hold, it's all about Build Up, Aim, Snipe, Bolt, Blast, Boss dead, in that exact order. If snipe misses, immediately run (have your exit planned out ahead of time), wait and recharge, rinse and repeat. If boss is a lvl above you,.. might as well add in a damage, accuracy, and defense inspiration so that you at least stand a 1% chance of survival.

Anyway,.. thats how i do it.
    Hello World

As far as what to do about malicious users:

1> Have everyone on team send in a petition about the punk. If many people send, the he can't veto it and will be warned.

2> Broadcast the punkazzes name over and over so everyone is aware of who he is.

3> Be sure to add him as a friend. Especially to your higher lvl toons friend list. That lvl 10 punk will get skooled by lvl 26 blaster. I.e.: Find punk toon, "follow" him, and aim on him. This way he can never get any xp and he will be annoyed as all hell. Well unless you have better things to do than revenge of course.

4> If you see the punk is following your team around causing trouble,.. run up to him and have your toon "follow" him. I was on a team the other night. This punk kept aggroing The Lost bosses over to us. These bosses were 4 lvls higher than anyone on the team. We survived it. But I announced, "Lets all Follow this guy". So the whole team (about 5-6 of us at the time) went to him and selected to "follow" him. So you got this whole team swarming around this guy following him. He had nowhere to go, and could not escape and finally just gave up. He did manage to escape after about 20 minutes of this, but he did not mess with us again after that. It was funny,... he would aggro, then hide behind a tree. So while we are reaching near death, I could see that peice of crap hiding behind a tree in the distance. I soooo wanted to enable a P2P combat function so I could just obliterate him. Oh well.
    Hello World

It asks you when you join a team if you want confirm rez and confirm tp enabled for that team.

I was on as MD this morning for 15 minutes and 2 of the red tatoo men were unable to hold me (only tried 2 times). Maybe the patch to the patch is working.

I was able to solo small mobs of same or +1 levels (3 guy mobs) but one mob with 4 guys (with sorc) overcame me in 2 seconds (I escaped).

I still have yet to see a damned thing come out of the portal in Talos near the train and even at lvl 22 I have problems taking out a mob of lvl 16 ruruuuuuualllrauuuuuuu (whatever the hell they are called) which makes me think twice about taking on a lot of them at my own level should I actually see any in Talos or IP.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    I still have yet to see a damned thing come out of the portal in Talos near the train and even at lvl 22 I have problems taking out a mob of lvl 16 ruruuuuuualllrauuuuuuu (whatever the hell they are called) which makes me think twice about taking on a lot of them at my own level should I actually see any in Talos or IP.
    I have a theory there. I'm convinced that the devs want large groups or multiple teams working together to close the portals. Kind of a 'we're all in this together' type of situation.

The levels may be mismatched in Talos for the portal-spewed mobs.

Soloing with Stalemate I was walking (OK, superjumping) through Steel Canyon the other day and came across a portal with close to 25 brutes and assorted eyeballs which conned at level 16.

I spent about 30 minutes hunting most of them down and taking out the portal (only one person responded to my bradcasts and requests, but took a look and fled). Damage taken was under 10 points from their attacks at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    It asks you when you join a team if you want confirm rez and confirm tp enabled for that team.
    Yeah... it pays to read the small print in this case also.

I like WebHead's proposal of filing complaints to Support about this guy from multiple players.

I'll file mine tonight.

..after I add his name to my other lists so an SK him to Stalemate later on.

BTW, I got a reply from COH Support about getting bumped off the servers during the Sky Raiders indoor mission.

Not surprinsingly, they were unable to bump me off to the next level or give me some XP for my trouble. No biggy though.

I figure the number of such requests coming in these days is simply gigantic and there is no way to adequately cope/verify/approve them all.

Oh well.

At least, the fixes appear to be much more interesting towards gameply and stability appears improved a bit.