Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 176 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    ...Just go buy it already, expenses be damned. Sometime you just need to live life and pay for it later. I'm in the same boat and this was worth the extra $$$ I don't really have. Go month to month in case you don't Love it. My only issue now is finding time to play so the GF doesn't get all bent out of shape.
    I'm so close to obeying that blindly at this point...

Thing is, apart from the expected "You love your machine more than me" from my wife (don't listen to her baby - I'll upgrade your video card and defrag your system drive later), I'm going on vacation next week and need all the extra cash I can muster.

I'm just waiting for that money Bell owes me for trying out their Internet phone thingy, then I'm THERE!

Or, I could get the game now, and just reimburse the card when I get the cheque...

AAAAAAARGH!!!!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

My only issue now is finding time to play so the GF doesn't get all bent out of shape.
    Get her into the game. My wife plays more than me. This goes for the three guys I play with regularly too. 1) You'll get more time to play with her off your back. 2) You'll have another person to play with all the time if she keeps a charachter at your level. 3) When she complains about slow performance it'll be a good excuse to give her your machine and upgrade to a brand new shiny machine complete with Geforce 6800.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    Get her into the game. My wife plays more than me. This goes for the three guys I play with regularly too. 1) You'll get more time to play with her off your back. 2) You'll have another person to play with all the time if she keeps a charachter at your level. 3) When she complains about slow performance it'll be a good excuse to give her your machine and upgrade to a brand new shiny machine complete with Geforce 6800.
    Sorry I haven't been on your server more. I've been working to get Buzz up to level 15 (which I did) and I want to get Io up to at least 10. I'm on vacation next week.

My only open day is Saturday unless we do it on a weekday night after work. You are WC and I'm EC but I live on no sleep just fine. Last night I did my first TF against clocks and took down the clockwork king and it took until 3am but I would up with all DO enhances and a lvl 23 SO damage enhance. I leveled and then some and I've got a ton of $$ to spend on more enhancements. Once finished it was the most rewarding thing I've done to date. We had an issue with bots stuck in a wall and petitioned the admins and they smacked the bots for us at 2am, I know my $14 fee was earned last night.

We have meatwad and myself (blasters), you (scrapper) and we need a healer and controller which I'm sure we can find.

How about if we do this on a Wed. night? What time do you finish work on the WC?..
    Ooops,.. sorry I didn't reply sooner ILTU. This week has been crazy busy. Wanna shoot for next Wednesday night instead? I get off work around 5pm pst and get on the computer at home by around 6pm pst. Anyone else interested? Lets get a TF going and get some serious XP and lvl up and stuff. Yeah?

Also,.. I'm a science blaster, not a scrapper. I used to be a scrapper, but it took too long to lvl up and get xp. I'm just not much of a melee kind of guy.

I agree though. We'll need a healer to really kick butt, but also a tanker or two would be great for aggro. Or like a tanker and a scrapper. I think a couple of the guys from my current SG would be down to help out. If we have a team full of blasters though, we'll have to form a strategy to compensate for the lack of centralized aggro.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I'm so close to obeying that blindly at this point...

Thing is, apart from the expected "You love your machine more than me" from my wife (don't listen to her baby - I'll upgrade your video card and defrag your system drive later), I'm going on vacation next week and need all the extra cash I can muster.

I'm just waiting for that money Bell owes me for trying out their Internet phone thingy, then I'm THERE!

Or, I could get the game now, and just reimburse the card when I get the cheque...

AAAAAAARGH!!!!
    Imo,.. it's more of: Do you have the time to dedicate to playing it because if you put the time in, then it will justify the expense. But if you buy it and only go on for like 15 min a week,.. then it won't be worth it. This game is all about time. You've got to be able to put time into it, or it's just not worth it. Keep in mind,.. your first month or two are free I believe. So if you bought the game and didn't get into it,.. your only loss would be the cost of the game itself.

Either way,.. I think it would be great to see you around Paragon City. But if you can't make it,.. it's all good too.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Sorry I haven't been on your server more. I've been working to get Buzz up to level 15 (which I did) and I want to get Io up to at least 10. I'm on vacation next week.
    Same thing applies to you or anybody else that I had written to Cleetus earlier. If you're interested in lvling up quickly, let me know and I will help you. All I would have to do is SK you, we do some hunting in Talos, you get massive xp,.. I get help completing my missions,.. all is good.

The only problem with lvling too quickly though is that you miss out on part of the storyline of the game in regards to missions/contacts, etc.
    Hello World

If all goes according to plan, I should have a tanker named "Impact" out there by tomorrow night.

Finally getting that box tomorrow when I walk out of the office.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

If all goes according to plan, I should have a tanker named "Impact" out there by tomorrow night.

Finally getting that box tomorrow when I walk out of the office.
    That's it. You know you want it. Come on man, the first month's free. You can always quit later.

Go Adept, go Adept,... go go,.. go Adept! You can do it!
    Hello World

Oh,.. on a side note, and not that anyone even cares I'm sure,.. but just for the sake of saying,.. I won't be on CoH much at all this week. Just got waaaaay too much stuff going on. Anyway,.. just FYI.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Oh,.. on a side note, and not that anyone even cares I'm sure,.. but just for the sake of saying,.. I won't be on CoH much at all this week. Just got waaaaay too much stuff going on. Anyway,.. just FYI.

What a strange coincidence...

You're avoiding me, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    NP. All the local guys I play with are on Victory so I stay there. Being on the same server makes trading much more lucrative. Shoot 'Dale Cooper' a tell sometime. That's my guy in the 14 range. Furio is 23 now and man do I love Zapp with SOs.

I love screenshots also.

Here's me with my big brother and cousin (who really isn't a slut).

Here's my impression of Bill O Reilly running into michael moore at the emmys.

Can't find a team
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

CoH, here I come.

Sil, that last picture is awesome! Who took it? Peter Parker?

What a strange coincidence...

You're avoiding me, aren't you?
    No no,.. just giving you some time to catch up.

No seriously though,.. tonight I gotta help my sis fix her computer then going out to do some drinkin with some friends after that, tomorrow night got a date with a hotty, Saturday gotta work,... I'll hopefully be online on Sunday. So there.
    Hello World