Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 95
Page 95 of 176 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2635

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

The alien things are for the new characters that LVL 50's will be allowed to created. Meaning, after you hit lvl 50, you can make a new character which is one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    The alien things are for the new characters that LVL 50's will be allowed to created. Meaning, after you hit lvl 50, you can make a new character which is one of these.
    I heard once you make level 50 on any server you can make as many of these as you want on any server.

That's what that gaming site link I posted reported, from the mouth of the devs themselves.

Diver will also be partaking in the TV respec on Monday night.

He'll try his best to level the guy up a bit, but reachnig 27 will be difficult (24 now).

We'll have to watch out for him and get him SKd once one of us reaches 28.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

best bet would be for diverrr to stay at 24, so 1 of us can actuall sk him, otherwise if hes at 25, none of us will be able to
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    best bet would be for diverrr to stay at 24, so 1 of us can actuall sk him, otherwise if hes at 25, none of us will be able to
    Like we were discussing last night, at least one of us (probably Carbonado) will level almost as soon as we get into the Trial missions so Diverrr at 25 wouldn't be much of a problem, but if he reaches 26 then that would just suck for him.

Miss.
    Miss.
    Miss.
    You hit Raider Engineer for 4 points of damage.
    Miss.
    Miss.

So Diver01, if you can't bring up your toon to at least 26 this weekend, just bringing him up close to 25 and leaving him a hair away would be the best thing.
    Last edited by a d e p t; October 23rd, 2004 at 07:35 AM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    There's a toon named, "Carbonado's healer friend"?

I think her name is Star-Light.

[cough]Dork.[/cough]

Oh poo.

It appears after reading the backwards-written fine print in invisible ink that Game Voice Share only allows up to 4 people on the same channel. You were right bro, I just found the info also.

I propose we use instead Roger Wilco, which has a theoretical limit of over 65 thousand connection and can also be run using a "base station" in a more permanent way.

If anyone is willing to host the base station on a machine which is more or less always accessible by the Internet, let me know. It can also run on some flavours of Linux.

I'll modify the SG message of the day accordingly so noone finds themselves stuck out of the communications loop.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Like we were discussing last night, at least one of us (probably Carbonado) will level almost as soon as we get into the Trial missions so Diverrr at 25 wouldn't be much of a problem, but if he reaches 26 then that would just suck for him.

Miss.
    Miss.
    Miss.
    You hit Raider Engineer for 4 points of damage.
    Miss.
    Miss.

So Diver01, if you can't bring up your toon to at least 26 this weekend, just bringing him up close to 25 and leaving him a hair away would be the best thing.

okie dokie
    W

Oh poo.

It appears after reading the backwards-written fine print in invisible ink that Game Voice Share only allows up to 4 people on the same channel. You were right bro, I just found the info also.

I propose we use instead Roger Wilco, which has a theoretical limit of over 65 thousand connection and can also be run using a "base station" in a more permanent way.

If anyone is willing to host the base station on a machine which is more or less always accessible by the Internet, let me know. It can also run on some flavours of Linux.

I'll modify the SG message of the day accordingly so noone finds themselves stuck out of the communications loop.
    Well that sucks. That game voice thing was pretty cool. How come we don't use MSN or something? I downloaded/installed this Roger Wilco thingy and it seems kinda spywarish. Is it trusted software?

Also, will we need to subscribe for $4.95 p/month?

Also,.. is there any way possible to make game voice work? Like maybe I can purchase a license or something,.. (i'll look into it).

Also, is the moon really made of cheese?
    Hello World

Wait a second here...

From the game voice website

I found this:

To chat with your friends, they need to have:

* Game Voice or Game Voice Share software
    * TCP/IP LAN or Internet connection, with at least 33.6 kbps modem
    * Microphone, speakers or a headset with microphone
    * Sound card with full-duplex chip set and functional Line Out/ Microphone jacks
    * For full 64 player session, at least 15 people must have Game Voice
    So 4 people is not the limit,.. we just need to find a way to make it work for us. WebHead is on this one...

To be continued...
    Hello World

And more info:

Para utilizar el juego de Microsoft SideWinder® exprese 1.0 y elsoftware incluido, usted necesita:

* Ordenador personal con el Pentium 233MHz o un procesador más altocon MMX
    * Windows 98 o un sistema operativo más último
    * ESPOLÓN DEL MB 64
    * espacio de disco duro disponible del MB 45
    * impulsión de CD-ROM de la Cuadra'ngulo-velocidad
    * modo de exhibición de color 256 (modo de exhibición 16-bitrecomendado), VGA estupendo
    * Un puerto disponible del USB
    * Tcp/Conexión del LAN o del Internet del IP, el local y la distancia conectan cargas del tiempo pueden aplicarse.
    * Software incluido del servicio de mensajero requerido para lascaracterísticas de la gerencia de la conexión.
    * Acceso del Internet con por lo menos la conexión de 33.6 kbps(conexión 56kbps o más arriba recomendado)
    * Tarjeta de los sonidos con el chipset full-duplex y la líneafuncional hacia fuera Gatos del micrófono
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 o un software más último del browserrecomendó
    * DirectX 8 API o requerido más adelante para algunos juegos. Esto está disponible para la transferencia directa libre en http://WWW.Microsoft.COMdirectx/homeuser/transferencias directasdefecto.asp#directx
    * El ratón de Microsoft o IntelliMouse® o el dispositivopunteagudo compatible recomendaron
    Hello World

I couldn't reply to you directly silencio since your PM inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    I have a teamspeak server setup if you want me to setup some accounts.
    This is a great idea and very generous of you. I'll see whether or not I can do this before Monday night's respec trial, otherwise I'll take you up on that right after. I've already switched software twice now, so it might be best to wait until then.

Teamspeak is the best out there for this.

Do we do it now or after?

Game Voice Share is limited to 4. I think the 64 limit refers to the registered full version.

Roger Wilco is easy to set up and works very well (tested with meatwad yesterday) without paying for registration. But it remains a GameSpy product, so...

I think Teamspeak is definitely the way to go - especially if silencio has it running already.

OK, I did the TV trial Saturday Night! Well, sort of. A bunch of 24-25 toons asked me to go and I needed to get to lvl 27 so I said ok.

http://coh.warcry.com/scripts/column...337&colid=4871

Here;s the deal. It's not hard at first and we can get through the the 1st to 4th missions with ease. The last 2 are freakin hard. We got stomped on but the guys I was with were lvl 24-25 and the baddies wewre 1 level higher than me (I was 27, they were 18). So we all died.

Stock up on enhancements before you go. Lots of catch a breath (if u can run out of end) and everyone get at least 1 or more awakens.

We'll be fine though, cause we rule.

I think her name is Star-Light.

[cough]Dork.[/cough]

I have her on friends list I think.

So THAT is what you were up to Saturday.

So now we have you, Carbonado and Wrrby who have done attempted the Terra Volta Trial so far. That experience will help a lot.

The empty spot would be better filled by a healer like Star-Light (Allia hasn't responded to my invitation), but Fatespinner (Illusions controller level 45 or so) was offering to exemplar himself. He has a lot of experience and has done the trial a few times. I don't knoe if his level would gimp us tho, even ex'ed.