MS-6330 ver: 2.1 - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MS-6330 ver: 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by mplark
    ! Bueno ! Which operating system are you planning to use?
    Windows XP.

I had a KT7 Pro Version 1 in it that finally died. This is the replacement board for that system. I didn't have to reload anything. The only thing I didn't realize was that the old board had built in audio and this one doesn't. I might have one collectin dust somewhere, but if not that's OK.

OK, XP seems to run fine on it. I didn't have to reload anything at all. Also seems to have the latest BIOS according to the gateway site.

Now I still have a problem with my connectors though. The only thing that works is the HDD LED and the power switch (which I guess I shouldn't complain too much :lol ) But the reset switch, power led, and the speaker do not seem to work.

Is there something I'm missing???
    Last edited by ez4u2chere; August 3rd, 2004 at 07:23 PM.

Never mind, I figured it all out. Just took some more trial and error. Well, that and the fact that the Power LED was burnt out. We're going good now.

Angry No Post on MS-6330 ver: 2.1

I read all the troubles with this board and I can't even get mine to post. I have tried several different CPU's and still nothing. I tried a Duron 1200 and 1000. Any help would be appreciated. I am starting to think it's a dead board.

Welcome to Windrivers howerl61

Did you have a speaker connected when you tried?

If not, try once more, fit the cpu (with the heatsinkfan!!) and video card only, boot it without the ram -- you should get beeps because there are no ram chips. If you get beeps the board is not totally dead.

Connect the keyboard, do the lights flash at boot?

Is there anything possibly shorting out the board? Build it outside the case on an antistatic bag.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers howerl61

Did you have a speaker connected when you tried?

If not, try once more, fit the cpu (with the heatsinkfan!!) and video card only, boot it without the ram -- you should get beeps because there are no ram chips. If you get beeps the board is not totally dead.

Connect the keyboard, do the lights flash at boot?

Is there anything possibly shorting out the board? Build it outside the case on an antistatic bag.
    Thanks for the tip, powered up with no ram and got beeps, hooked in the KB and got flashes, I figure it must be the ram. I have 2 sticks of 64 meg PC100 that I was using neither works, must be compatibility issue. Does this board need PC133? Any insight would be welcome

That would indicate possible bad cpu or motherboard is shorted against the case. What was the ram supplied with the motherboard?

The other thing to look at is the capacitors on the motherboard... (cylinder shaped things) The tops must be absolutely flat - if any one is bulged upwards even a little, this would also cause the problem.
    Last edited by NooNoo; August 10th, 2004 at 03:36 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

MS-6330 ver: 2.1

It was outside the box so can't be shorting on anything. I have tried 2 CPU's in it. Caps all look ok too. supposed to be a new board. I am going to try different Ram in the board next.

did either of the cpus get warm?

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    did either of the cpus get warm?
    yes they did, tried 2 different types of ram, I give up, gotta be the bloody board.
    Last edited by Howler61; August 12th, 2004 at 06:56 PM.

Noob here, same board.
    For what it is worth I think the voltage out on the LED lines is high. After 6 months of running fine on a different board the case I put the new MoBo in now has a burned out LED. They were the same color and then the power LED began to change. Now it wont work at all. When I replace it Im going to throw an "extra" resistor in just to be sure.

Ron

[QUOTE=jronald]Noob here, same board.
    For what it is worth I think the voltage out on the LED lines is high. After 6 months of running fine on a different board the case I put the new MoBo in now has a burned out LED. They were the same color and then the power LED began to change. Now it wont work at all. When I replace it Im going to throw an "extra" resistor in just to be sure.

I myself just gave up, the folks I got the board from in the states won't respond to e-mails. Just gonna chuck the board. Too bad I didn't read this stuff before I bought the board. lesson learnt.

Mine loaded 2K perfect the first time out, only problem Im having is trying to set up the local network IPs. I have never used 2K so the learning curve is a bit steep.
    Once again for what it is worth I found a post using the MSI bios that would allow an XP @ 2800 to run fine all day long.

Ron

I wonder if the Bi-Color led function has anything to do with the over voltage?

Ron

Lightbulb

Well.........after several hours of searching the Msi website & several BIOS site..I finally wound up here & at least got the Gateway link that gives me the pinout for the front panel! Thank you for that--I dunno about this board tho..??
    I put in a 512 stick of PC100 & it calls it PC133 & there's no adjustment available(I HATE Gateway type Bios!!) so I don't know if the fact that it locks up after posting & detecting H/W is related to the memory timing or what.....by this time I'm not even sure I care.
    This is 'sposed to be a giveaway system for a friend - I figured a Athlon 950 w/ 512 sdram & a cheapo 32 meg AGP card would be a ok starter system for someone that never had a PC. But GEEEZZZ!!! What a pain this sucker is turnin out to be!

Moral: It's true!! No good deed goes unpunished!!!

Lol -- I registered on this forum just to vent all that--thanx for listening!