Dvd and cd writer problems
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dvd and cd writer problems

Dvd and cd writer problems

Ok, this seems very complex for me, so i need some help
    I have a MSI dvd RW and a MSI CD RW.
    Yesterday i tried to make a backup of my game, so i made the image and burned it to another cd. I did all of that in the CD Writer, but my game had 3 cds. 1 i burned on the dvd and 2 on the cd writer, which i though wouldnt matter, and actually didnt becuz the first cd said that a file was not found when i tried to install it to see if it was actually working. So my cds were useless and now i'm mad.
    STILL, it would have been ok if that was all that happened, i would reduce the speed of the writer and it should be ok.
    BUT, then the next day i burned a cd with some files i wanted to copy to another computer; Note - I burned it on the DVD writer.
    Then loading it on my cd writer, and it didnt read, and the "my computer" folder froze until i actually eject the cd from there. But then i tried it on the dvd writer, and there were the files!!!!, then i tried on the cd writer on the other computer and it didnt work....
    I'm very confused and sad =(.
    And another thing, i can't set both writers to be able to write!!!!????
    ONLY ONE can be enabled, and i hate that....
    I'm very confused and i need help.
    Any help would be verryyyyyy welcome.... thanks =)

Welcome to WD icarus_hz .
    "Yesterday i tried to make a backup of my game, so i made the image and burned it to another cd. I did all of that in the CD Writer, but my game had 3 cds. 1 i burned on the dvd and 2 on the cd writer, which i though wouldnt matter, and actually didnt becuz the first cd said that a file was not found when i tried to install it to see if it was actually working. So my cds were useless and now i'm mad. "

Unless you know how to do it its very hard to copy a PC game CD's and even worse on others like X-box and such ,
    and unless your CD-Burner says it also reads DVD disks it won't .

"BUT, then the next day i burned a cd with some files i wanted to copy to another computer; Note - I burned it on the DVD writer.
    Then loading it on my cd writer, and it didnt read, and the "my computer" folder froze until i actually eject the cd from there. But then i tried it on the dvd writer, and there were the files!!!!, then i tried on the cd writer on the other computer and it didnt work....
    I'm very confused and sad =(. "

Some CD-roms or Writers have trouble sometimes reading a CD burned in another writer , or yours just might not like that it was done in a DVD-burner .
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Ah mann
    this is sad, but seeee
    last time i made a backup of my warcraft III game, it worked perfectly
    Now i tried to backup my Lotr return of the king game, it made the image just perfectly and it wrote it on the cd, but something went wrong :/ becuz it got corrupted, and i hate that =(.
    Is there a way i can make sure the cd was correctly written?
    do i need drivers to update my dvd/cd writers?
    IS there a way i CAN enable both of my writers at the same time????
    how can i write some file on my dvd writer, and read it on the cd? there has to be a way.... my other pc doesnt have a dvd drive =(.
    Thanks for the help =)

OK, you can burn a cd on a dvd writer, but there is no way a cd burner or cdrom drive can read a dvd.

What do you mean "enable both writers at the same time?" You mean simultaneously burn the same file to both drives? Or burn two different files are the same time to two different drives? or something else?

LOTR can be backed up but you need tools to overcome the copy protection.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm not that dumb, i burned a CD on the dvd writer, but my cd drive/writer didnt read it, but the dvd did.... which is sad.
    What happened? i'm confused....

I mean burn two different cds at the same time.... or AT LEAST be able to choose the drive i wanna write on.... i can only write on ONE, and to be able to write on the other one i need to enable it, which automatically disables the other one....

=(

I used alcohol 120%....
    I know i need a crack to be able to play, but i do not need it to be able to install it, but when i tried installing it, it said a file was missing.... =( (on cd 1).....

ohh, and another thing.
    When i read the IMAGE file with the alcohol drive (the F: one) and installed the first cd, it didnt say it was missing any files, and it actually installed it, but when i burned that same image, and tried installing it again (after uninstalling and stuff of course).... but it didnt install it =( and it said a file was missing....

I don't understand about the disabling one or the other drive?

How do you have these drives physically connected?
    I don't believe you can burn two different things to two different burners at the same time..... but you can read from one while burning to another, I do it all the time.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

wut about my game that doesnt work =((

I already covered that as far as the rules of this forum will allow.

Please answer the question about disabling one or the other.

Cuz sometimes i wanna write on the dvd writer and sometimes on the cd writer, still i can only write on one of them, and when i try to enable one (properties, enable writing), the other one disables automatically =(

According to CDfreaks (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=79057) its protected with securom. You'll need either Blindwrite, clonecd, or Alcohol 120 to copy it correctly. Blindwrite is probably the easiest to use. www.blindwrite.com

but i copied with alcohol =/
    am i supposed to configure it some other way?

Are you talking about the windows xp native burning?

If you are using any other burning software, nero, alcohol, turn OFF windows recording. You don't need it and it can cause coasters

how do i turn off windows recording?

man do u have ANY idea y doesnt cd drives read my CDS that i burned on the DVD WRITER?
    they are not dvds, they are cds burned on the dvd writer.... but my cd drivers cant read it......... =(

open my computer, right click on the burner, properties, last tab, recording uncheck it. Do that for both and then reboot.

download this and install it and reboot Next, find the file aspichk.exe and double click it. What does it report?