sound card driver

Thread: sound card driver

Unhappy sound card driver

hello.....im having trouble finding the sound card driver for my pc cause my brother formatted it without me....after that we didnt get any sound i think its the sound card driver we missing but we dont have any cd driver for it.....its on the |UNKNOWN Device PCI MULTIMEDIA AUDIO DEVICE and the problem is i dint know the model of our sound card and i think its a built in sound also can anyone help me identify our sound card so i can download its proper driver??this is our pc model i think

Main Circuit Board b
    Board: VT8366-8233
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 01/02/2003

thx for reading

Welcome to WinDrivers, jigen.

The figures you've given identify the motherboard chipset as VIA KT266, but don't help us with the sound.

If the system is a namebrand, let us know the brand and model number, or if it's a generic unit, if you feel confident to remove the case cover, look inside and see if there is a manufacturer name and model number on the mainboard.

Alternatively, you could download the free Everest Home Edition (formerly AIDA32) diagnostic utility from the link below, and post the information it gives about the motherboard and sound in your system.

http://www.lavalys.co.uk/

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jigen
    hello.....im having trouble finding the sound card driver for my pc cause my brother formatted it without me....after that we didnt get any sound i think its the sound card driver we missing but we dont have any cd driver for it.....its on the |UNKNOWN Device PCI MULTIMEDIA AUDIO DEVICE and the problem is i dint know the model of our sound card and i think its a built in sound also can anyone help me identify our sound card so i can download its proper driver??this is our pc model i think

Main Circuit Board b
    Board: VT8366-8233
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 01/02/2003

thx for reading
    [FONT=Garamond] I am havung trouble with the sound on my computer.. I have real player 10 and have listened to the music that I downloaded from my cd's but for some reason the sound "ain't" there no more..... can you suggest something??? thanks in advance...!!

Quote Originally Posted by creative lady
    [FONT=Garamond] I am havung trouble with the sound on my computer.. I have real player 10 and have listened to the music that I downloaded from my cd's but for some reason the sound "ain't" there no more..... can you suggest something??? thanks in advance...!!
    Welcome to WD creative lady .

Can you give us more info like ;
    what Windows ver. your using ?
    PC brand and model ?

if you know what sound card is installed ? (if not onboard type)
    "you can Log out - but you can never leave" : DMO
    What part of WOOF don't you understand ? Wolf
    -----------------------------------
    (Sergeant) Private Military Strategy Consultant
    FormatAndReload.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by creative lady

I hve windows 98, and my sound card is internal, I think.(.dell ethernet card) how can you tell???

You have a dell? What model please?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Registered User rimplestultskin's Avatar

Exclamation

Yeah I have the VT8366-8233 too, its onboard sound, and WinXP Pro drops the drivers sometimes, windows update has nothing, only rebooting fixes it. Can't even figure out who makes the board, on google it says it's an AZZA, it's a Soyo, and it's an EPoX, but tht makes no sense. Opening my case does me no good(my gigantic power supply gets in the way of all the light, can't see anything!), all I know is it's Socket A, PC2100 DDR RAM compatible, has onboard sound with obviously messed up drivers, and of course what everyone else said (Award 6.00 PG BIOS, AGP 4X graphics, etc.)
    GET ME SOUNDCARD DRIVERS!!!!!!! I HATE REBOOTING JUST TO LISTEN TO MUSIC!!!!!

Welcome to windrivers rimp. Try this: http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/dr...odec_V580c.zip
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Also, sound stopping sometimes may indicate a different issue such as resource conflict or power management, especially as it comes back when you re-boot. Updated drivers may well sort it out for you. If not, see if there is any consistent pattern to the problem. Does the sound stop working when you use another device in the system, or when Windows wakes up from sleep? Did you change something in the system at the time this started happening? eg changing a setting for APM or ACPI in the BIOS setup?

If you do want to find out what the system board is, as I suggested earlier Everest will probably be able to ID the board for you. The chipset is used by many manufacturers, so will come up on boards from Soyo, Epox etc as you've noted.